Perform intake and data-entry for public assistance programs. Assist with front desk reception duties and provide overall support for the day-to-day operations of Family Services.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Welcome clients, answer questions and complete intake process.
2. Verify and copy clients’ documentation for public assistance applications, including CEDA utility programs, SNAP, and Benefit Access.
3. Complete client applications for assistance programs and explain next steps.
4. Refer clients to other available services including emergency assistance, food pantry, childcare, etc.
5. Answer phone, direct calls, retrieve and respond to voicemails.
6. Ensure accurate record keeping and other administrative duties including monthly statistics.
7. Maintain clean and well-organized reception and office space.
8. Keep all office supplies and materials stocked and available.
9. Assist with food pantry and Senior Services when needed.
10. Act with integrity and aspire to model our Core Values in the delivery of all services.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
High school diploma required; college education preferred and 1-2 years of administrative services experience.
Strong communication skills - both written and verbal. Ability to maintain confidential information. Maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Must be flexible, cooperative, and able to handle stressful situations with competence and compassion. Organized, detail-oriented, and talented at multitasking. Must be computer literate and comfortable with Microsoft Office applications.