Education Chair-Medical Assistant Program
About Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
Getting students into the classroom is a great start. Keeping them there, engaged and inspired, until they cross the finish line is what ultimately makes the difference in their futures. As an Education Chair, you can play a significant role in keeping students motivated. Reporting to the Director of Education, you will oversee administration of the
Program, as well as orient, train and supervise the faculty who bring the curriculum to life. In this capacity, you will use your exceptional leadership skills to coach students to success and motivate the faculty who inspire them. We depend on your careful guidance to cast a shadow that positively influences group culture on campus, in the hearts and minds of our students, and in the communities where they live and work.
• Assist Director of Education with departmental curricula review, program development, and textbook review
• Maintain departmental files to include a course syllabi master book, all course tests, quizzes, projects, and test keys
• Evaluate faculty and update the Academic Dean as needed/required
• Assist in interviewing and orientation of new departmental faculty to become acquainted with policy and procedures of the Institution and Company; serve as a mentor in the implementation of effective teaching skills
• Responsible for implementation of Retention Plan and overseeing retention of students within program, meeting retention rate in accordance with Institution, accreditation, and Company guidelines
• Assist with implementation and evaluation of programs and activities to ensure that the Advisory Committee functions in a manner consistent with accreditation standards
• Participate in professional development activities and programs as required by accreditation/regulatory agencies
• Ensure overall student satisfaction levels
• Instruct classes as assigned and fill-in for absent instructors
• Schedule and post office hours to provide academic support to students, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed
• Maintain a teaching assignment for each module
• Participate in faculty meetings, orientations, graduation exercises, and other functions as directed
• Responsible for facility orientation and training
• Assist in managing registration process and Add/Drop period each term
• Ensure that all educational activity is conducted in a legal and ethical manner
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Director/coordinator of this program MUST be CMA (AAMA) or RMA required and CPHT preferred, with a working knowledge of the program's clinical activities
• Experience in Billing and Coding and dental assisting experience preferred
• Minimum of 3 years experience
• Bachelor's degree required
United States-NJ-South Plainfield
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...