At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
Sysco Oklahoma’s Ardmore shuttle yard is located at 621 Interstate Drive Ardmore, OK 73401
Sysco Oklahoma is now hiring a Delivery Driver for the Ardmore, OK market.
Safely drive a tractor-trailer for the purpose of delivering various types of product (frozen, chilled and dry) to Sysco customers according to route schedule and specific timelines. This position is responsible for collecting money and maintaining positive customer relations. Perform position in accordance with Safety Preferred Work Methods.
- Ability to safely operate a tractor-trailer while adhering to all Federal, State and company regulations.
- Deliver product according to the route schedule. Immediately inform management team of any deviations. May be requested to run backhaul when necessary.
- Must safely unload and deliver all products into the customer’s facilities and place where appropriate (by the customer or company) either by hand, two-wheel dolly, pallet jack, etc.
- Must scan case(s) at each customer. Responsible to providing feedback/label for cases/pallets that do not scan properly.
- Correctly adjust invoices noting returns, shorts, etc.
- Maintain and report hours of service per D.O.T. requirements.
- Perform safety pre and post trip inspections on vehicle. Follows Preferred Work Methods and observe all safety rules and regulations in an effort to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Company and the Transportation Department.
- Responsible for complete and accurate daily paperwork: pre-trip, post-trip, invoice adjustments, etc.
- Collect and count monies when instructed by terms on invoices. Responsible to get the invoice signed by the customer, providing customer their copies, and bringing copies back to the office. Responsible for complete and accurate daily paperwork: correctly adjust invoices noting returns, etc.
- Responsible for organizing invoices, checks and cash, returning all products rejected by the customer and/or returns trailer and other asset (pallets, straps, etc) for check-in procedure.
- Responsible for proper handling of product to minimize damage to products.
- Responsible to maintain positive customer relations and involve management or respective sales personnel to resolve customer issues.
- Maintains a neat appearance and manner at all times while on the job.
- Maintains sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assists with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Operates industrial equipment in a safe manner and immediately report any unsafe conditions.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, department, company and safety).
- Works until the job is completed in accordance with D.O.T. regulations while maintaining acceptable production levels.
- Other duties as requested by a Supervisor.
- Inspects delivery vehicle, per DOT instructions (i.e. checking tire pressure, oil level, gauges, etc.) to ensure that it is set at proper temperature and operating properly.
- Ensures, when leaving truck unattended, that doors are closed and locked and keys are removed from the ignition to avoid occurrences of theft.
- Reports any vehicle mechanical problems to truck shop immediately and completes D.O.T. post trip inspection report placing all copies in the proper locations to ensure proper repair and the availability of a fully operational fleet.
- Parks vehicle, following check-in, removes all load bars, pallets, and hand trucks and places the equipment in the appropriate areas.
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities that an individual must possess to perform the essential functions of this job:
Certifications and/or Technical Requirements:
- 1 year Class A CDL Driving experience or 12 week Sysco training program approved by Leadership required
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally and 100 pounds rarely to a level of three feet high.
- All applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment background check, DOT physical, drug screen, and physical abilities medical exam prior to employment.
- Must meet and maintain MVR violation and insurance pooling requirements.
- No DUI/DWI in the three years preceding the date of application and no multiple DUI/DWI in the 7 years preceding the application
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License required
- Currently have or have the ability to obtain a Double and Triple trailer certification and Hazardous Cargo certification preferred.
Other Essential Functions:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 plus years local delivery, tractor trailer experience
- Prior delivery experience with a food service distributor or similar industry (i.e. beverage distributors) strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of route and territory design that encompasses all of Sysco delivery area.
- Good knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations, vehicle and handling equipment use and maintenance requirements.
- Must possess good driving skills to include backing into limited space areas. Must become familiar with products sold by Sysco and be able to perform the necessary inter-department communications related to certain transportation and safety activities and know the safety requirements for use of equipment and assigned delivery area.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize your own work activities.
- Ability to analyze and disseminate data, manage work time efficiently, and follow procedures, policies, routes and instructions.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers.
- Previous Sysco experience is a plus
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to climb a ladder and/or ramp to load products using a two wheel dolly.
- Ability to move an average of 500 to 800 cases per day; cases could weigh up to 80 lbs. each.
- Ability to Walk and stand for long periods of time while unloading and delivering products.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Work environment consists of varying conditions, including but not limited to: outdoor and indoor climates, driving in heavy and light traffic in city and country areas, with varying levels of light, temperature, noise, and roadway hazards/conditions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more!
Sysco Oklahoma is a Tobacco Free Facility!
Sysco is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
SYSCO - 2 years ago
As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and frozen meat,...