Are you an experienced Linux Engineer seeking a new position? Do you have current knowledge of Linux systems? Are you interested in working on a team of engineers in a complex, matrixed environment? If so, this may be just the position for you!
TM Floyd & Company is hiring a Linux Engineer who will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Correcting technical problems within defined SLAs including analyzing root cause, permanently correcting, and documenting those incidents
- Performing server checks prior to deployment to the network
- Configuring and maintaining server systems using industry best practices
- Securing servers and monitoring server performance
- Replacing hardware as needed
- Monitoring potential hardware failures and employing appropriate mitigation to minimize risk to the business
- Ensuring servers are backed up according to business needs
- Devising and implementing solutions to automate manual processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years Red Hat Linux administration and patching
- 8 years of server related experience
- 4 years of large IT shop experience
- 3 years of SAN Mulitpathing
- 4 years of LVM
- 4 years of scripting proficiency
- 4 years of security scanning and remediation tools (SRR, Nesses, and Retina) highly desired
- 4 years of Solaris 9 and 10 administration and patching, power hardware, SPARC and X86, and power VM setup, administration and capacity management preferred
- SPARC, X86, Power Hardware, and Power VM setup, administration and capacity management preferred
Each submitted resume will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by a recruiter. Please be sure your resume appropriately identifies and details your experience with the required skills and software. If you do not receive confirmation of receipt of your resume within 48 hrs, please email us at email@example.com from outside this site or call 800-780-1170/803-765-1310.
- E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please be sure to include the job title, location, and req ID of the opportunity in which you are interested in your e-mail.
For more than 30 years, TM Floyd & Company has provided information technology and subject matter consulting services to payers and providers in the healthcare industry and carriers and vendors in the property & casualty industry.
Depending on the length of an assignment, TM Floyd & Company offers its employees a generous array of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, flexible spending/Section 125 account, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401K with company match, and paid time off.
We also offer a referral bonus of $1,000 for any individual you refer to us, who completes 315 billable hours (approximately two months).
TM Floyd & Company participates in E-VERIFY.
AAP, EEO, DVH
TM Floyd & Company - 10 months ago
TM Floyd & Company (TMF) is an Information Technology consulting group dedicated to providing innovative and cost effective IT...