We are seeking a Database Administrator to be responsible for the ongoing design, implementation, and support of database systems and infrastructure for consumer facing digital media services
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Provide senior level operations support of Production/QA/Development computing infrastructures as part of the global IT Operations team.
- Responsible for standard and advanced DB administrative duties. Including, but not limited to, installation, monitoring, backup and recovery and tuning.
- Manage Storage Area Network Infrastructure.
- Work effectively with team of DB Administrators to maintain uptime, consistency, scalability and performance while meeting business needs.
- Know or quickly learn environment – technical and business through initiative and direction from senior staff and/or peers.
- Monitor application, database, server and network usage and undertake routine preventative measures.
- Build, implement and support Systems Monitoring and Management tools.
- Research new IT technologies.
- Execute and manage project plans as part of a team.
- Follow strict operating processes and procedures as it relates to operations.
- Perform lab testing for ongoing evaluation of software and hardware network functionality.
- Performing Linux (CENTOS) administration.
- Performing other duties as requested by manager.
Qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate the following
- At least 5 years experience with MySQL. ORACLE experience is a plus.
- Experience supporting high traffic web sites delivering video content
- Seven years of UNIX/LINUX experience
- Five years of hands-on TCP/IP experience
- Working knowledge of Apache and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with MySQL and ORACLE.
- Working knowledge of Windows server administration.
- Experience with F5 load balancers a plus.
- Knowledge of Blade servers, HP.
- Deep working knowledge of Storage Area Networks, EMC experience a plus.
This position may involve special working conditions, including
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, piers and customers.
- A strong desire to learn and improve.
- A strong sense of trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks carefully and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Dedication and commitment to providing continuous service .
- Communicate well with all levels of management and company personnel.
- Handle multiple projects and tasks with potentially varying priorities.
- Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- 24x7 accessibility. Subject to on-call as and when needed.
- Lifting, mounting and cabling heavy servers and network equipment in cold/loud datacenter environment over a long period of time.
- Travel to other locations (both domestic and international) for extended periods of time as & when needed, sometimes on short notice.
Sling Media, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Sling Media, Inc. is the world's leading digital lifestyle company offering consumer services and products that are a natural extension of t...