The Trading Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the trade creation and execution process for CLS Investments, LLC ("CLS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC ("NorthStar"). The Trading Specialist also provides support to create and execute trades generated by Portfolio Administrators and Portfolio Managers, and acts as the primary intermediary between CLS and outside trading desks/service teams.
• Creates trades (Stocks/ETFs/Mutual Funds/Annuities) for all client driven requests including new accounts, strategy/model changes, contributions and distributions.
• Executes created trades in addition to those created by other groups, prior to market close/platform cutoffs by using various internal and external trading platforms.
• Executes Portfolio Manager fund family rebalance (e.g. mass move) trades.
• Performs block trading using internal and external trading systems to improve execution quality.
• Provides second tier support by performing cross-checks and approvals on co-workers trades.
• Performs weekly review and trading of client accounts with systematic withdrawals/purchases, dollar cost averaging and excess cash.
• Assists in other weekly, monthly and quarterly processes including fee funding and quarter end reconciliation.
• Facilitates all trading communication to fund families, annuity companies and brokerages.
• Prepares internal weekly technical market commentary
• Accepts, creates, processes and updates client requests in CRM system.
• Researches items on weekly trading reports and reports back to manager with updated status.
• Researches and resolves trade restrictions and rejections immediately following trade execution.
• Contributes to team and department projects to improve cost and time efficiencies.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with other NorthStar companies and outside trading desks regarding exchange of information, resolution of technical issues, etc.
• Knowledge of industry rules and regulations pertaining to various security instruments and markets
• Knowledge and understanding of anti-money laundering rules and procedures required to maintain compliance
• Ability to quickly learn new and utilize multiple internal/external trading systems and platforms
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail in a time sensitive environment
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Ability to work in a structured schedule and a variety of shifts, which may include market (M-F daytime) hours, late nights, early mornings, and/or weekends as pre-determined by business need
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving skills
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field required
• Series 65 license required or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience within the financial services industry required preferably working in a trading, trading operations, trading desk support or a related role.
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard