Job Description: Integrate new and existing Intel and 3rd party hardware/software technologies to build proof-of-concepts testing new use-models for next generation fixed and mobile networks.
Responsibilities include hands-on integration of Linux software components, platform configuration and testing system performance using traffic generators and management tools.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering
- Scripting skills (shell scripts, Python, etc.)
- OO programming concepts
- Experience with Linux (be able to install drivers, build Linux kernels)
- Ability to quickly learn hands on skills for configuring network devices (switches, routers, VLANs)
- TCP/IP concepts and knowledge (protocol stacks)
- Ability to quickly learn hands on skills for system testing
- Desire and ability to work as a Team Player in a dynamic lab environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and discipline to document technical learnings and test results
- System programming skills and hardware/software interaction e.g. knowledge about driver development
- C or C++ programming software development
- Socket programming
- Virtualization concepts and experience
- Knowledge/experience with Software Defined Networks (SDN) and related technologies
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools
- 10GE technologies
- Fixed networking concepts - WAN
- Wireless concepts - 3/4G, EPC, small-cell
- Experience using traffic generators / analyzers e.g. Spirent/Ixia
- Experience with both compute and network related benchmarks
- Ability to research a solution given open ended problem statement
Mar 18, 2013
Mar 19, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...