Sr. Client Engineer - (iOS Zynga with Friends)
Zynga with Friends truly embodies the "work hard, play hard" mentality. While emphasizing a no-crunch culture, the Zynga with Friends studio is still able to create hits such as Words with Friends and allow its employees to have "Indie Fridays" to create new IP. Zynga with Friends is the ideal culture for top tier talent looking to work on top ranked games played by millions of users daily. Zynga with Friends is located in McKinney, TX, which was ranked as the #5 place to live in 2010. Combined with the competitive salaries of ZwF and affordable housing in the area, it is ideal for any employee looking to live in the Dallas metropolitan area.
The best candidates will have solid experience developing mobile applications utilizing for either iPhone or Android devices. Facebook platform and scaling experience is a huge plus.
This candidate will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles, which have several million users across multiple social networks. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- Proficient in a C based language.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be comfortable in an Agile team environment.
- At least 1 year of experience developing in a C based language.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Proficient in Objective C.
- Understanding of server-side development and back-end systems, including experience with some combination Apache, Ruby on Rails, MySQL.
- iPhone Programming Experience.
- Games Programming Experience.
- Familiarity with games middleware or SDK development.
- Shipped multiple game titles (experience is all phases preferred: prototyping, production, live development)
- Experience with localized and cross-platform product development .
- Experience developing and deploying networked multiplayer games.
- Released a product on the iOS App Store.
- Passionate gamer
- Actively engages in programming communities (open source, etc)
Zynga - 12 months ago