Responsible for greeting customers and responding to service issues, tracking fleet and equipment inventory, preparing reports, optimizing operation efficiency through employee coaching and coordinating lot movement. Supervises Rental Sales Agents, Staff Assistants, Shuttlers, Bus Drivers and/or Service Agents.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: % TIME
1. Greet and engage customers, coordinate and direct lot movement, resolve congestion issues, and assist staff with the resolution of customer service issues, including rentals, check-in, vehicle inspection, service and transporting.
2. Supervise, coach, select, assign, schedule, train and evaluate subordinate personnel, recommend or initiate associated personnel actions, and respond to employee relations issues.
3. Track and log fleet and equipment inventory, review and compile reservation numbers for daily fleet and rental plans, rates, or associated black-outs.
4. Prepare and review various reports, including exception sheets, preventative maintenance, grounding lists, overdue/due-backs, commissions, and location performance reports and recommend or initiate associated actions.
5. Manage in-fleeting of new vehicles and turnback or sales of existing fleet vehicles, including lease termination documentation and the assignment of associated inspections and repairs. 5%
6. Oversee fleet turnaround and distribution processes ensuring efficient utilization and vehicle maintenance records and quality; coordinate transportation of vehicles to and from ready lines, rental return area, maintenance garage, impound companies, auctions and body shops.
7. Develop, recommend and implement various procedures and efficiencies.
8. Ensure that lot and facilities meet image standards, arrange for upkeep and repairs. 5%
9. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Customer Focus: seeks to maintain or enhance customer satisfaction
- Trustworthiness: maintains confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information about the company, customers and employees.
- Decision Making: identifies appropriate action in effectively resolving problems
- Productivity: routinely achieves established objectives; gets the job done.
- Knowledge of the car rental industry and operations, fleet, and personnel procedures.
- Communicates well and actively attends to what others are saying.
- Leadership: Coaches and motivates employees, and encourages collaboration through team-building.
- Proficiency in the use of car reservation software and personal computer programs, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
DTAG Marketing Statement
- Associate's degree in Business or a related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 2 to 3 years experience in the car rental industry or a related field.
- Valid driver's license as required by state.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc., a Fortune 1000 company and leader in the rental car industry, has its corporate headquarters in Tulsa, OK. We respect and value our employees, and recognize that they are the key to our success. We strive to provide a positive work environment and recognize and celebrate our achievements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. We appreciate your visit to our Career Site. If you have interest and would like to be considered for any of our career opportunities, please apply on-line.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. - 2 years ago
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...