Specific job activities include:
• Directs and implements company safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment.
• Keeps current with changing regulations and Corporate standards/policies, and provides guidance to the plant in the interpretation of the requirements.
• Writes, maintains, and serves as a subject matter expert for plant safety policies and procedures.
• Develops and conducts new employee safety training, as well as employee refresher training and contractor training as needed.
• Manages and improves site contractor safety management program. Revises or amends system as needed to maintain compliance with federal, state and local guidelines.
• Participates in incident investigations.
• Reviews Safe Work Permits and performs field verification audits to ensure compliance with site policies.
• Serves as the Loss Control Coordinator for the site.
• Audits and evaluates the effectiveness of management systems and site policies. Recommends and implements appropriate corrective actions in support of Arkema Corporate and plant HES policies, procedures and programs.
• Administers the AIMS Management System and Element 10 champion (Audits and Management Review).
• Manages the industrial hygiene program including monitoring the usage and handling of over 100 raw materials to manufacture over 150 finished products in 14 production areas, defining and conducting employee exposure studies (air & noise). Define personal protective
• BS in Chemistry, Life Sciences, Engineering or Occupational Safety
• 5 years experience in safety and industrial hygiene in an industrial setting preferred.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi task
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organization
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Arkema - 17 months ago
Arkema's into vinyl, but not in a weird way. The North American branch of France's Arkema manufactures many vinyl products, such...