Director, Software Engineering - Information & Insights |
Promoting safe living and working environments.
Founded in 1894, UL is a premier safety company with more than a century of proven history, leading the world in enhancing safe living and working environments, facilitating global trade and serving as a trusted source of information and knowledge. We employ more than 10,000 professionals who work in over 100 countries, and that number is growing.
UL's technical and subject-matter experts work within our five exciting businesses under one of the most recognized and respected safety brands in the world:
- Product Safety
Providing product safety testing and certification for global market access as well as inspection services to maintain certification.
- Verification Services
Offering quality assurance testing, inspections, audits and responsible sourcing services for a wide array of goods, including wireless protocol and digital security, performance testing and energy efficiency testing.
- Knowledge Services
Providing training, advisory services and software solutions that help make people and the companies they work for smarter, safer and more efficient and effective.
- Life & Health
Providing innovative and trustworthy solutions, whether it be a test report, certification, or regulatory compliance package, to the drinking water, food safety, and medical device industries.
Offering independent assessment and certification, educational services and standards development focused on environmental claims validation, sustainable products certification, energy efficiency certification and advisory services.
We are proud of our role in public safety and work hard each day to help the world move forward - one safe step at a time. Together, we CAN make a difference....so if you'd like to make a real impact, make us your first choice!
The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for building and leading a team to create products and solutions that will disrupt the Supply Chain Management industry. S/he will innovate, define, and build a platform that will help our clients look at Supply Chain Management in a different way. UL has a wealth of information, and this person will lead the development team to mine this big data opportunity, and use this information to empower our clients to make intelligent decisions in new and powerful ways.
- Essential Job Tasks
- Define architecture of the Supply Chain Management platform
- Provide robust APIs to easily create a suite of Supply Chain applications
- Design and implement components used in the platform
- Create applications build on top of the platform, including compelling user interfaces, and engaging user experience
- Define software development processes
- Create a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Visionary who can provide strategic technical leadership and plan a technology roadmap
- Hire a team of dedicated, motivated engineers to build fantastic products
- Lead and inspire the team by example
- Work closely with UL IT department, integrate and leverage technologies from within UL when possible
- Partner with other engineering teams within the business units to create a complete coordinated solution
- business units and strategic partners
- Responsible for Quality Assurance of the products
sologig - 13 months ago