Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Within the IT PMO team, the Release Manager is an application delivery role that reports directly to the PMO Manager. At F5, Release Managers are accountable for the successful end-to-end planning and delivery of our major platform application releases. Each release may consist of one or more enhancements or defects requested by various business segments, of which could span many functional areas. As a result, the Release Manager must collaborate closely with the Product Owner, IT Owner, and Business Application Stakeholders to ensure the success of the release. The Release Manager will provide oversight, support and guidance for the analyst and development teams participating in platform releases.
Release Managers will be responsible for planning, coordination and oversight of software releases, patches, and emergency application changes while working closely with agile development teams. In addition to managing releases and leading cross functional teams, the successful candidate will help to evolve the release process and drive automation to optimize efficiency and quality.
Attractions of the Job
F5 IT is a dynamic organization supporting a wide range of applications and architectures. In the Applications team, we support a range of large Enterprise Business applications, custom home grown solutions and everything in between. We are a team that works hard and plays hard. If you like a rapidly growing, changing and dynamic work environment, this is the place for you.
- Help establish, document, and maintain release management processes and procedures within the PMO framework
- Manage the end-to-end release process, from the planning of release content through actual release deployment to production environments
- Assist in strategic and operational planning, business process improvement, and make overall release management improvement recommendations
- Work with internal, cross-functional teams to determine capacity, prioritize and scope scheduled releases with completion dates for each phase
- Schedule releases and maintain the release calendar(s) and ensure all stakeholders are aware of the impacts of a software release
- Monitor progress of release phases by employing appropriate metrics and management reporting
- Facilitate all release meetings
- Ensure documentation and distribution of all software release information
- Coordinate the creation and maintenance of version directories and assist in managing release branches
- Coordinate and participate in regular post-implementation reviews and drive release quality using metrics
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Track and report status and related metrics against goals on an ongoing basis
- Work with QA teams to develop testing and migration plans
- Plan and support migrations and production deployments across multiple environments
- Work with other technical team members to resolve all release related issues
- Ensure completion of operational and technical documentation prior to software release for each application or system
- Gather necessary release notes and user guides prior to releasing into production
- Ability to support production systems in a 24/7 environment
- Serve as a champion for release management, communicating release management processes and procedures throughout the company and assisting teams with adoption
- Provide excellent communications across functional areas and management, ensuring customers are provided effective, professional, and timely support
- Stay current on trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance with SOX
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient communication, planning, problem solving, trouble shooting, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated work experience in business analysis, systems analysis, project / program management skills
- Expertise in Oracle EBS applications release management
- Strong technical aptitude, and familiarity with multiple software development methodologies
- Exposure to Agile SDLC / Lean IT Methodologies
- Application of industry based project management and systems development methodologies and tools
- Ability to lead through ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Ability to establish confidence and credibility with senior level IT leaders and executive stakeholders
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- BS/BA or equivalent work experiences
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of working experience as a release manager or equivalent for Oracle EBS (preferred), or another enterprise application such as SAP
- PMP or Scrum Master certification preferred
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highly subsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stock purchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 9 paid holidays, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
F5 Networks - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
While you may not know it, you’re likely using F5 solutions in some of your daily activities, including online banking, trading...