Major Challenges : (Describe a few of the major challenges involved in achieving the job’s basic purpose.)
- To supervise the mining and crushing operations at the Marble Falls location and to provide mining engineering support and project management services to all GCC facilities.
- Responsible for conducting mining operations in accordance with all established Huber Safety, Environmental, Maintenance and Operational Principles and Procedures
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement in Safety, Environmental, Maintenance and Operational performance. Develops and measures KPI’s for all relevant mining parameters
- Leads by example – consistently demonstrates a good work ethic, a positive attitude, safety awareness, employee involvement, flexibility and the opportunity for employee growth through training, group meetings and general discussion
- Develops and recommends changes in equipment, schedules and employee training to ensure efficient and productive mining and crushing operations
- Manages raw material stockpiles. Maintains traceability of ore from mine to mills. Segregates different ores. Ensures procedures are adequate and followed consistently with regard to ISO requirements. Generates new SOP’s, JSA’s and OSI procedures as required
- Manages all technical aspects of the mining operation such as tunnel layout and design, ventilation, vibration monitoring, use / inventory of explosives, noise control, dewatering, etc. Provides assistance in these areas to other division facilities as necessary
- Coordinates the mining schedule with the Plant and Maintenance Supervisors to optimize productivity and minimize downtime
- Monitors limestone quality via communications with the Lab Supervisor and modifies mining operations accordingly
- Maintains a good working relationship with all the monitoring agencies involved in underground operations such as M.S.H.A. by dealing with the inspectors in a positive, friendly, and professional manner
- Develops, designs, budgets, and follows through on all the capital improvements associated with the mining and crushing operations
- Keeps the Plant Manager fully informed as to the operation of the department through daily oral communication, written reports as necessary and formal monthly reports
- May perform other duties as required
Decision Making Authority : (Indicate the limits and controls on the job's authority.)
- To motivate the workforce to mine and crush limestone efficiently with the best possible productivity and the lowest possible cost.
- To develop and follow a mining plan that maximizes the use of the deposit with the lowest cost and the highest quality and provides contingencies for upsets with the least amount of disruption to plant operations..
- To introduce new ideas and equipment to keep the facility current with the safest, most productive, and competitive systems available.
- To evaluate the department employees on a regular basis to determine where improvements are necessary and to take positive steps to make those improvements.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge/Skills : (The knowledge/skills required to perform the job's basic responsibilities. Include education, experience and any licenses required.)
- Responsible for all safety, environmental, maintenance and operational related decisions regarding mining operations
Notes: Management retains the discretion to add or change duties of the position at any time. The incumbent is required to be thoroughly familiar with the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy and to know and adhere to the company’s Affirmative Action Plan to prevent discriminatory action
- Degree in Mining or Geology required
- Experience in hard rock mining preferred.
- Good communication skills
Monster - 12 months ago
J.M. Huber Corporation is a diversified, multinational supplier of engineered materials, natural resources and technology-based services to...