Director of Planned Giving (40330)
The Masonicare Charity Foundation of CT
The Masonic Charity Foundation of Connecticut
Director of Planned Giving
Based in Wallingford, CT, The Masonicare Charity Foundation of Connecticut is the philanthropic affiliate of Masonicare, who’s fund raising and fiduciary management activities are vital to Masonicare’s continued success. This funding ensures the highest quality of life for our residents and patients statewide.
**The ideal candidate has worked collaboratively with annual giving staff and has successfully solicited the following types of planned/deferred gifts in a non-profit setting: bequests, charitable gift annuities, beneficiary designations of life insurance and IRA assets, and charitable trusts.
The Director of Planned Giving will oversee a comprehensive planned giving program, ensuring strong future revenue streams for MCF from various planned gift and major gift vehicles. The Director of Planned Giving will identify and cultivate new planned giving prospects, secure new planned gifts, and help steward relationships with existing planned gift donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare detailed action plans for approved planned giving activities. Monitors and analyzes the Foundation’s planned giving effort to ensure success in meeting planned giving goals.
- Personally cultivate and solicit prospects for planned gift commitments, including bequests, charitable trusts, and beneficiary designations of life insurance and retirement plan assets. Collaborate with these prospects and/or their attorneys and financial advisors to secure planned gifts for The Foundation's long-term revenue pipeline.
- Grow and expand the Foundation's existing charitable gift annuity program. With the assistance of the Gift Planning Associate, increase the number of gift annuity contracts, and expand the base of charitable gift annuity donors.
- Market and promote MCF's planned giving programs through targeted mailings, group presentations, and ongoing personal contacts. Through these efforts, identify new planned gift prospects.
- In consultation with the Director of Development, identify planned giving prospects from the Foundation's pool of annual giving donors. Cultivate and solicit planned gifts from these prospects, timing and coordinating these efforts alongside scheduled Annual Appeal solicitations.
- Steward relationships with confirmed planned giving donors through routine contacts and appropriate Baldwin and Cleveland Society donor recognition. Coordinate and monitor the occurrence and effectiveness of stewardship contacts with confirmed planned gift donors. Ensure that planned giving donor contacts are documented for MCF files. Identify and recruit planned gift donors as appropriate to be profiled in MCF's estate planning newsletters and donor reports.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Gift Planning Associate in planning the annual Benefactor Luncheons, as well as targeted regional planned giving workshops and other planned giving functions.
- Participate in other special events of the Foundation to support MCF's overall fundraising efforts.
Bachelor's degree is required. Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred. A minimum of eight to ten years of senior level planned giving experience in a non-profit setting is REQUIRED.
Masonicare - 2 years ago