GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:|
Coordinates hiring of Nursing Staff with Administrative Assistant and Nurse Managers by booking interviews, running, references, processing CORIs and booking employee physicals. Completes payroll adjustments and overtime reports each Monday. Performs clerical support duties on assigned work including typing, answering telephones, taking messages, distributing mail, courier, receptionist and related duties as required.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
1.Maintains thorough and accurate payroll recors and submits same to payroll department weekly.
2. Reviews/oversees payroll and staffing issues with the Staffing Coordinator (Clerk 3)
3. Completes weekly overtime reports by the end of shift each Monday. Reviews completed reports with DON prior to distribution.
4. Processes pink incident reports on a daily basis by entering all information into the Incident Report database and ensuring that all appropriate staff have reviewed, completed and signed off on the reports. Seperates reports and delivers them to all appropriate parties.
5. Processess all Critical Incident reports with DON, makes any necessary edits and once completed forwards to appropriate parties.
6. Assists theHiring Coordintor and Administrative Assistant with the processing of all interviews and new hires.
7. Responsible for opening, sorting and delivering all mail for the DON and CNO offices on a daily basis.
8. Assists the CNO Supervisors by placing calls for overtime if needed.
9. Reviews all FOT notes with Director of Nursing, enters data into database and prints out updated lists weekly for the Nursing Supervisors. Mails out reminders to staff regarding FOT approval,k denial and deadlines.
10. Completes booked overtime each Thursday by reviewing staffing sheets and voluntary overtime lists and booking staff for overtime where needed. Posts voluntary overtime sheets each Thursday.
11. Continuously works on the organization of the CNO and DON offices by updating files,k manuals, keeping an adequate supply of forms and filing.
12. Maintains relationships with College Affiliates by ensuring that student rotations are coordinated in a timely and accurate manner. Distributes keys and badges to the students on their first day and keeps records of such.
13. Serves as back-up to the CNO Clerk 3 by booking patient appointments and completing payroll as needed.
14. Serves as back-up to the Administrative Assistant. Opens, stamps and distributes mail, assigns coverage to the unit clerical staff as needed and completes assignments for the Director of Nursing, Clinical Nurse Specialists and Nurse Managers as assigned.
15. Assists the Staff Education Department with projects when necessary.
16. Performs clerical duties as assigned which may include typing of forms, reports, meeting minutes, charts and memoranda.
17. Answers telephones, transfers calls, takes messages, documents sick calls and answers questions to facilitate communications in the work area.
18. Makes photocopies, faxes documents, operates standard office machines and equipment. Maintains orderly filing system allowing access to required information.
19. Participates in maintaining a safe environment by requesting repairs for unsafe conditions, completing work orders and advising supervisory staff.
20. Utilizes word processor to develop reports, type correspondence, etc. to maximize utilization of time.
21. Maintains adequete supply of forms for the Central Nursing Office.
22. Other related duties as required
23. Participates in hospital wide committee as assigned
24. Compliance with all applicable state and federal laws including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) regulations which govern the privacy and confidentiality of information about patients.
Qualifications:Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A diploma as evidence of graduation from the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
II. A diploma as evidence of graduation from a course other than the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school or possession of a Massachusetts high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for a maximum of eight months of the required experience.*
III. A diploma for completion of a one-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
IV. A diploma for completion of a two-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.*
NOTE: Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
- Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
Special Requirements: None.
Preferred Qualifications:QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT HIRE:
High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge of the English language including spelling, word meaning and word usage.
Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Ability to use proper English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, codes and/or symbols.
Ability to file material in accordance with standard filing procedures.
Ability to maintain accurate records.
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
This is a Civil Service position. As applicable, preference for this position will be given to those candidates who are eligible for Civil Service/ConTest Reinstatement/Reemployment or to those candidates who have passed the civil service examination for this job title, and who respond to the job certification that was recently issued for this location and/or to employees laid off or bumped from this title who are eligible for recall, and in accordance with Article 14 or applicable Collective bargaining requirements.
F/T 1st Shift Position 37.5 Hours weekly
8:00AM-4:00PM Monday - Friday
Commonwealth of Massachusetts - 10 months ago
By 1871, when the US Life-Saving Service (USLSS) was created, The Humane Society was responsible for 78 lifeboats and 92 huts, boathouses an...