Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations. Based in Stratford, Connecticut, USA, Sikorsky has outlying facilities in other Connecticut locations as well as in Florida and Alabama.
This position will be responsible for several key talent initiatives for Sikorsky. It will oversee our centralized staffing function and will also be responsible for campus and conference recruiting events and the INROADS program. In line with the talent agenda, this position will advance our strategic talent management activities and lead our diversity initiatives. This position will also lead enterprise-wide Employee Engagement initiatives and programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Advance the strategic talent management activities; develop and enhance the best available talent strategy by working with the HR Client Management team to understand talent gaps and emerging talent needs and proactively searching for and delivering a diverse slate of best in class talent. Support internal talent development processes such as Team 2 and Team 3.
2. Lead enterprise level diversity initiatives and further define the diversity strategy aimed at advancing the attraction, retention and development of diverse talent at Sikorsky; helping the organization broaden its focus from diversity to inclusion; and providing guidance and counsel to our Employee Network Groups.
3. Oversee Employee Engagement programs and initiatives for the enterprise.
4. Oversee our centralized staffing function, including all staffing processes such as postings, candidate identification and migration, offer packages, relocation and on-boarding. Develop and implement strategies for sourcing talent across the company with focus on diversity and core competency skills, in order to quickly fill in open positions in the organization. Provide strategic and policy guidance to all off-site locations.
5. Develop and implement project to review current staffing model, identify gaps and make recommendations to enhance effectiveness, customer experience and ensure compliance with AAP and ITC guidelines. Administer semi-annual applicant tracking process. Enhance New Employee Orientation process and Sikorsky ('9s web page Sikorskycareers.com
6. Lead the processes of Campus Recruiting, Diversity Conferences and INROADS to ensure robust pipelining of diverse entry level talent.
7. Represent Sikorsky at the UTC Recruitment Council
BA/BS degree w/7+ years experience
MA/MS degree w/4+ years experience
1- Excellent customer service skills.
2- Must have a good knowledge of HR Practices.
3- Knowledge and experience in managing short-term and long-term projects.
4- Hands-on self-starter, capable of managing multiple priorities.
5- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, allowing for communication across the entire organization.
6- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills.
7- Ability to foster change and promote and implement improvement.
8- Attention to detail is a must.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A subsidiary of United...