Job Description - Senior Database Manager (121289) |
Senior Database Manager - Job Number: 121289
Experian’s Global Technology Services is looking for an individual that can manage a team of Database Administrators supporting databases globally. This is an exciting opportunity to come and work in a company that develops many solutions that involve databases at their core.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of leadership and influence as this individual will be driving the database support for the company’s web, online, and batch systems which deliver business results. Candidate must have demonstrated not only an ability to lead and motivate a team of direct reports, but also the ability to drive change across a broader organization through influence. Candidate is responsible for team mentoring, training, forecasting and goal setting for the staff.
An overall understanding of database support is required. Candidate should have a mastery of a wide range of database architectures for 24/7 transactional and batch systems. A major plus is including data warehouse designing, master data management, unstructured data and metadata management.
Distributed database management support experience required. DB2/LUW, Oracle, SQLServer and MySQL are desirable.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of distributed database administrators located in various offices around the globe
- Respond to database issues and inform management. Follow through and establish permanent fixes
- Prioritize the teams efforts to meet product and project schedules
- Develop and manage both long and short-term goals for department and staff
- Manage resources to ensure to ensure departmental growth and objectives are met
- Help develop and execute the department roadmaps
- Create and enforce policies and standards
- Create, track and update project schedule, communicate project status to the team members and to management
- Experience with development agile project methodologies
- Resolve complex problems that have implications beyond your own functional domain.
- Familiar with database security, database design, and software engineering concepts
- Experience working with enterprise-level solutions
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to turn business requirements into a technical solution
- Willing to work non-standard business hours as required
- 3+ years of leading high performance database administration team(s)
- 8 yrs of experience with distributed database systems
- Strong database design and development experience for very large database
- Experience in high availability database systems
- Prior software/data architecture a strong plus
- Experience with data modeling tool (ERwin) a plus
- A passion for delivering great products and experiences to customers
- High energy, confidence, and ambition--someone who can consistently perform at the highest level
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Able to multi-task and managing multiple project/task assignments simultaneously
- Bachelor of Science Degree; preferable in Computer Science
Job : Information Technology & Systems
Primary Location : United States-Texas-Allen
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : 05-Dec-12, 12:24:37 PM
Brand : Experian
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help...