As a Universal Orlando Stocker (Merchandise), you can fulfill the dream of being a superhero! Work in a location where you will save the day and ensure that everything is show-ready for guests by stocking shelves, checking in merchandise and jumping in to assist fellow Team Members on the sales floor when needed.
Stockers (Merchandise) at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Controlling the flow of merchandise in and out of the stockroom.
- Partnering with management to ensure optimum stock levels and maintain the appearance of the location.
- Receiving, verifying and counting incoming shipments from the warehouse and vendors.
- Optimizing usage of stock room and shelving space and taking care of damaged product by removing it from location(s) and filling out the proper paperwork.
- Providing phenomenal guest service through the execution of our guest service standards.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Stocker (Merchandise) successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Stocker (Merchandise) job.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Six months to one year prior cash handling or retail sales experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Stocker (Merchandise) job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit; talk or hear; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally routine using established precedents, practices and procedures. A detailed understanding of work unit is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is High Noise.
Universal Orlando Resort - 4 months ago
The Universal Orlando Resort destination (www.universalorlando.com) includes two dramatically distinct and adjacent theme parks, the Univers...