Michael Baker Jr., Inc. is seeking an I&E CAD Designers with a background in Oil and Gas controls and power Facility Design. The selected individual will work out of our Charleston, WV office.
Essential duties will include:
· Preparation of detailed I&E drawings under the supervision of the I&E design engineer. Drawings will include control circuits design, power circuit designs, typical details and special detail drawings as required.
· Prepare listing of material quantities using the Client’s defined listing of materials.
· Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) hardware and software to prepare final design drawings from sketches.
· Coordinates with I&E engineer and our Compressor Engineer and other Design Technicians and CAD Designers to ensure timely and accurate drawing preparation.
· Utilizes knowledge of various utility relocation design practices to complete drawings.
· A two year degree in CAD Drafting.
· Approximately 5 to 10 years of utility CAD drafting experience in I&E design, and hands-on working use and knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, and AutoPlant 3D software are preferred requirements for this job position. Estimated annual utilization is 85%.
· Experienced knowledge in the Controls and power design of facilities, including metering, corrosion, valve station controls, compressor and pump station power and controls applications.
· Has an experienced understanding of control and main power requirements under 49 CFR Parts 191-199 and applicable pipeline codes and guidelines (ASTM, NACE, API, NEC, et.al) as applied to controls and power design, construction, operations and maintenance.
· Must be able to assist with creation of operation manuals and possible on-site oversight of installations.
· Strong application of AutoCAD electrical and controls design drawings and development. Calculation of pipeline hydraulics, pump station, compressor station, meter station design.
· Bentley Microstation V8, AutoCAD, Blue Sky AlignDB, AutoPlant or Rebis 3D program skills preferred.
Michael Baker International
- 3 years ago - save job
Michael Baker Corporation provides engineering and energy services to public and private sector clients worldwide through its operating...