Nemours is seeking a Director of Cardiac Critical Care to join our team in Delaware.
As one of the nation’s premier pediatric health care systems, Nemours provides world-class clinical care in four states: Delaware, Florida, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Located in Wilmington, Delaware, the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children offers intensive and acute inpatient and outpatient services covering more than 30 pediatric specialties. Ranked among the nation’s best in pediatric specialty care by U.S. News & World Report , this world-renowned teaching hospital has served children from 42 states and 14 nations. Extending the world-class care of the duPont Hospital for Children, the Nemours Children’s Clinic provides expert care for even more children across the Delaware Valley through community-based physician services and collaborative partnerships with health and hospital systems.
To keep pace with the changing health care environment and build a healthier future for our children, Nemours has embarked on a multi-phase expansion to create a children’s hospital like no other in the region. Upon completion in June 2014, the hospital will include private, family-centered, technologically advanced patient rooms, a new Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and a new expanded Emergency Department.
Nemours is seeking a Director of Cardiac Critical Care Section / Physician Director of Cardiac Intensive Care Unit to join our team in Delaware.
The Director will be responsible for:
- Organizing and directing the provision of 24-hour, seven-day-a-week care by physicians who possess critical care certification or assign a substantial (70%) amount of their patient care to critically ill patients.
- Implementing a disease-specific severity adjusted outcome process that evaluates the quality of cardiac critical care and justifies a position of national recognition for Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Cardiac Critical Care.
- Providing an environment for training of physicians, nurses, physician assistants and allied health professionals in the practice of cardiac critical care of patients with cardiorespiratory disabilities, including establishing and maintaining a cardiac critical care fellowship and recruiting physicians to fill the position of cardiac critical care fellow.
- Performing and promoting the study of critical illness resulting from cardiorespiratory disease and its management.
- Serving on Hospital and University committees that relate to cardiac critical care.
- Possess or be eligible for Delaware medical licensure and hold subspecialty or special competence certification in Critical Care.
- Five to seven years experience of providing critical care to a substantial number, if not exclusively to patients who suffer from critical illness as a result of congenital or acquired cardiovascular disease.
- Knowledge, skill and judgment in the management of pediatric critical illness and have a special interest in one of three systems: circulatory, respiratory or nervous – preferably respiratory.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary critical care team to work collaboratively with other physicians, nurses, physician assistants, respiratory care practitioners and other allied health care professionals and services to achieve the highest quality cardiac critical care.
- Accomplishments should qualify for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor in his/her specialty department at Thomas Jefferson University.
Don’t miss out on important health care news and updates from Nemours – connect with us on…
Facebook (Fan Page) | YouTube | Twitter | Flickr
As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours is committed to focusing on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Adolescent, Allergy, Allergist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesiologist , BC, BE, BE/BC, Board, Brain, Cardiac, Cardiology, Cardiologist, Cardiovascular, Cardiothoracic ,Care, Career, Certified, Child, Children, Clinical, Compensation, Congenital, Consultant, Cord, Critical, Cytogenetics, Cytopathology, Dermatologist, Dermatology, Dermatopathology, Diabetes, Diagnostic, Disabilities, Diseases, DO, Doctor, Doctor, Ear Nose Throat, ENT, ED,ER, Electrophysiology, Eligible, Emergency, Employment, Endocrinology, Endocrinologist, Failure, Family, Family, Fellow, Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Gastroenterologist, General, Genetics, GP, Hand, Head, Health, Healthcare, Heart, Hematology, Hematologist, Hepatology, Hospital, Hospitalist, Immunologist, Immunology, Infectious, Informatics, Injury, Internal, Internist , Interventional, Jobs, MD, Medical, Medicine, Metabolism, Neck, Neonatal, Neonatologist, Nephrology, Nephrologist, Neurodevelopmental, Neurological, Neuromuscular, Neuropathology, Neurophysiology, Neuroradiology, Neurosurgeon, Neurology, Neuropsychologist, Neurotology, Nuclear, Occupation, Occupational, Oncology, Oncologist, Opening, Ophthalmology, Ophthalmologist, Osteopathic, Otolaryngologist, Otolaryngology, Pediatric, Pediatrician, Pediatrics, Perinatal, Perioperative, Physical, Physician, Plastic, Practice, Practitioner, Preventive, Psychiatry, Psychiatrist, Public, Pulmonary, Pulmonology, Pulmonologist, Radiology, Rehabilitation, Research, Rheumatology, Rheumatologist Salary, Sleep, Specialist, Spinal, Sports, Surgeon, Surgery, Surgical, Thoracic, Toxicology, Transplant, Trauma, Urology, Urology, Urologist ,Vascular
Nemours - 17 months ago
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of...