Using excellent customer service, responsible for scheduling patients, updating patient information, performing visit processing (check in) and check out functions and acting as a liaison in reporting any patient suggestions to the clinic manager. Requires a variety of skills to maintain clinic schedules and patient related issues. Responsible for assisting in training of other employees in reception and associate level scheduling. Also may be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of scheduling templates and providing input in department guidelines. Performs the general scheduling and paperwork for assigned clinics.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Required: One year of experience working in an office environment
3. Preferred: Previous experience working in a medical office environment. Previous experience or interest in learning. Previous experience scheduling of patients
4. Excellent customer service skills
5. Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills.
6. Knowledge of and ability to use computers for entering appointment information and patient billing
7. Knowledge of and ability to use computers including a variety of word processing and spreadsheet software programs (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel).
8. Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
9. Experience with answering phones, greeting clients and customers in person, and scheduling appointments.
10. Knowledge of and ability to use computers for entering appointment information and patient billing.
11. Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
12. Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
13. Ability to think independently and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
14. Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of personnel.
15. Physical Requirements: Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
This is a Represented position and falls into Pay Grade F. The salary range begins at $13.29 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
Monday through Friday between 7:00am and 6:00pm, 24 hours per week. Primarily hours will be Wednesday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
This position is in the "WSEU" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Vacation (14 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Holidays (9 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (13 days/year)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERS)
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Kashana Brusca for more information at KBrusca@uwhealth.org or at 608-890-6408.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
-More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
-Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
-Nine satellite locations .
-One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
How to Apply
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 8 months ago