(Manager Trainee & Assistant Manager-Pawn)
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the pawnshop. This includes leadership and development of all shop personnel, meeting stated financial goals, satisfying customer relations standards, maintaining company standards, and recruitment and retention of quality coworkers. Promotes and fosters a customer friendly atmosphere in order to facilitate successful pawn and sales transactions. Manages the placement of pawned merchandise in appropriate areas and ensures security of customers’ pawned assets.
General Duties and Responsibilities
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not all-inclusive.)
1. Manages the customer relations atmosphere leading by example—greeting and meeting each customer that enters the shop in a friendly and helpful manner.
2. Manages all training of CSRs so their development meets the prescribed Cash America standards.
3. Sources and recruits CSRs, ensuring that each individual employed is the best suited/qualified for the role.
4. Manages the administrative process and procedures within the shop, which include inventory, PFIs, merchandising, shop presentation, shop systems, and FSC reporting.
5. Reviews shop’s financial statements, communicating results to shop staff and setting goals for coworkers that will maximize shop profits.
6. Manages the shop so that operating standards meet or exceed the established Cash America minimums.
7. Through the approval process, responsible for value and integrity of all loans issued.
8. Evaluates shop coworkers’ performance, giving each individual consistent and fair feedback on their performance on both an ongoing basis and formally with an annual written appraisal.
9. Provides clear and concise communication to all shop coworkers, so that all coworkers understand the shop’s mission and profit objectives. Communications should take on the form of meetings, one on one, memos, and general bulletin board postings.
10. Responsible for on-going product knowledge of self as well as coworkers.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Minimum 2 years experience managing/leading people
• Product knowledge, particularly with diamonds and jewelry
• Strong desire to serve customers and work with people; team- oriented
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Cash handling experience required
• High-energy sales personality with knowledge of jewelry and general merchandise
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent work ethic and strong business sense
• Computer literate such that the coworker is able to accurately enter customer data into a computer database and extract data through existing reporting tools
• Able to correctly operate office equipment such as fax machines and copiers
• Standing – Continuous standing required
• Walking – Frequent walking required
• Lifting – Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds required to merchandise sales floor and warehouse; occasional lifting over 50 pounds
• Climbing – Occasional climbing required when using ladders to access or store merchandise and to replace light bulbs, hang signs and sales posters
• Sitting – Occasional sitting required to assist in completing open/close paperwork and count cash
• Stooping/Crouching/Bending – Frequent stooping and crouching required for removing product from counters, stocking lower shelves, cleaning fixtures and unloading boxes
• Pushing/Pulling – Occasional pushing/pulling of up to 100 pounds required to move boxes and vacuum
• Reaching – Frequent reaching required for stocking shelves, handing products to customers, hanging signage, cleaning and replacing light bulbs
• Manual Dexterity – Continuous manual dexterity required to type, operate calculator, handle cash and assemble displays
• Visual Activity – Continuous visual activity required to read computer monitor, identify product, interact with customers, identify correct change, complete paperwork, read customer cards/drivers license, read reports and small print on merchandise, prevent loss and distinguish numbers
• Listening – Continuous listening required to answer in-store customer and telephone inquiries, respond to theft sensor alarms and listen and view training information
• Communication – Continuous verbal communication required to convey information and policies to customers and converse using the telephone
Occasional = 20% of time or less
Frequent = 20-50% of the time
Continuous = 50% of the time or more
Note The information contained in this description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this job or the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management has the discretion to assign/reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Cash America International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cash America International, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard