The Registered Dental Hygienist provides treatment and education to patient and family members to prevent oral diseases. The hygienist is also expected to ensure the support, safety and comfort of the patient.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalency. Associate degree in Dental Hygiene.
- Desired: One year experience in a dental office setting with specific responsibilities similar to a traditional registered dental hygienist.
- Required: Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor and appearance. Ability to handle instruments and willingness to learn new procedures. Knowledge and ability to recognize abnormal conditions. Ability to function appropriately in an emergency situation. Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Desired: Ability to work independently.
- Required: Current license in the State of Wisconsin including current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification or the American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR certification.
- Desired: Documentation of additional continuing education in related areas, e.g., patient management, ultrasonic scaling, current trends in fluoridation/sealant, etc.
Gundersen Health System - 18 months ago
Gundersen Health System is where caring meets excellence through a comprehensive health network of wholly owned and affiliated services....