CCA’s Visual Merchandising Department has an excellent opportunity in their Manchester, NH Office for a Director, Visual Merchandising.
This position will develop and direct product initiatives from start to finish including: managing vendors, negotiating costs, and presenting and fulfilling to CCA’s membership using true visual merchandising skills related to presentation and space planning. This position will supervise a small staff and outside resources. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Partner with product team and outside vendors to develop compelling point of sale presentations.
2. Develop and refine retail store design programs.
3. Develop convention feature area layouts and visual enhancements.
4. Develop visual guidelines and standards for store design programs.
5. Manage new initiatives from all aspects – designing and building, fixturing, labeling, sampling, pricing management presentations, production, fulfillment.
6. Proactively shop competition/source new materials/research new concepts.
7. Maintain constant and open communication with external and internal resources to keep all parties on track to static deliverable dates.
8. Works across multiple retail divisions; works closely with merchandising, marketing and operations to develop and execute fully integrated merchandising programs.
9. P&L and budget responsibility.
10. Present programs during company conventions.
11. Throw ideas on the wall; take risks; and bring new ideas to the table.
12. This position is required to travel up to 25%.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 5-8 years’ experience in visual merchandising and/or store design is required. This position will be hands-on and passionate about visual merchandising. Must have working experience with displays, visual merchandising best practices, lighting principals and graphic design. Copywriting skills are a plus, but not necessary. Must be able to present in front of large groups and be able to work within budgets and short timeframes. This position requires personal computer skills (inclusive of Word and Excel) plus Mac graphic computer skills (Photoshop, InDesign, Keynote. Must have a general familiarity with all office equipment and professional office environment.