Conservation Services Group (CSG) is the leading provider of residential energy efficiency programs in North America. CSG has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work since 1984. The company designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven programs. CSG employees are committed to a mission of delivering these comprehensive programs to help people use energy more wisely. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are our sole business, not one of a hundred departments in a large corporation. CSG provides proven expertise to utilities, state agencies, trade allies and homeowners, tenants, and property owners seeking to improve home durability, safety, air quality and comfort while saving money. We bring creativity and commitment to our goals of championing the development and use of safe, clean energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
CSG is seeking Energy Specialist in the North Shore, Greater Boston, and Cape Cod areas. The Energy Specialist is responsible for thorough and accurate residential energy assessments in accordance with program energy efficiency standards and client requirements in the Mass Save Home Energy Services Program . The Specialist educates homeowners on energy efficiency as well as promote the completion of energy efficiency improvements. This is done through daily travel to customer’s homes to perform in-home assessments utilizing their own transportation.
New hires begin as Energy Specialist Trainees and will participate in classroom and field training. Upon successful completion of specific proficiency metrics, as well as obtaining BPI certification, Trainees are eligible to be promoted to Energy Specialist.
On a daily basis the Energy Specialists need to enter attics, basements and crawl spaces as well as conduct combustion safety testing and infrared scanning. Each assessment consists of an evaluation of existing structural conditions, mechanical equipment and health and safety factors. The Energy Specialists will determine existing insulation levels in attics, walls and basements as well as conduct visual checks of age and condition of HVAC and DHW equipment and distribution systems. Installation of instant savings measures such as compact fluorescent light bulbs and other energy savings devices is a daily responsibility. The Energy Specialists will also complete detailed weatherization retrofit specifications and will need to produce accurate data collection.
At the conclusion of the assessment, the Specialist will generate and thoroughly review home energy assessment reports while in the customer’s home. The Energy Specialist will actively promote energy saving measures based on the assessment, explaining specific savings measures identified, including incentives and other program offerings, and issuing contracts to perform the work.
- Equivalent experience and a High School diploma is acceptable. BS in Building Science preferred. BPI certification required within 6 months of hire.
- 1-5 experience preferred in residential construction, energy conservation, HVAC, building diagnostics, air infiltration reduction and sidewall and attic insulation.
- Strong customer service, sales and client relationship management skills and enthusiasm for energy conservation. Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and program offerings to customers. Ability to work independently as well as function in a team setting.
- Computer proficiency, experience with Windows-based office applications required.
- Familiarity with computerized building energy modeling software or other residential construction software preferred.
- Position requires flexibility to work evenings and some Saturdays. Travel to customer homes with own reliable transportation is required daily.
- Ability to pass a basic computer, math and reading comprehension assessment.
- Ability to frequently lift 40 pounds, climb attic stairs and climb a 4 foot ladder to install light bulbs. Ability to frequently crawl in awkward confined spaces required.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
CSG’s compensation package includes comprehensive medical coverage with BlueCross BlueShield Blue Care Elect PPO, dental coverage with Delta Dental PPO, and vision coverage with EyeMed Vision Care; Employer paid life and AD&D insurance and STD & LTD insurance coverage; Plus paid holidays, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: green jobs, energy efficiency, utility, conservation, BPI, LEED, weatherization, HVAC, clean energy, energy conservation, csg jobs, energy consulting, energy efficient, green energy, renewable energy