As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics has an opening for a Information Assurance Engineer (IAE) that will be responsible to establish and satisfies complex system-wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulator, and resource demand. The IAE will support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies and applies know-how to government and commercial user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration
The ideal candidate will be CISSP Certified, five(5) plus(+) years of progressively responsible Information Assurance tasks, three (3) plus (+) years of supporting Certification & Accreditation of Systems and Risk Assessments.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...