Installs, configures, maintains and monitors the operations of the property's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and enterprise systems. Assists with the implementation of policies, procedures, and standards to provide overall network reliability. Provides Information Technology leadership with reporting and documentation as requested. Provides network design and consultation for conference and exhibition clients. Provides leadership and second tier support for Desktop Coordinators.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or a related area; minimum of 2 years' experience in network operations, analysis, design or related professional area
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related major; no experience necessary
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent experience required
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Network Performance
Supporting Information Systems and Technology Team
- Installs and maintains local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) architecture for customers and exhibitors.
- Monitors network performance to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Implements routine testing and analysis of all network hardware and software.
- Maintains physical network infrastructure and perform software configurations as required.
- Assists with the implementation of policies, procedures, and standards to provide overall network reliability.
- Monitors the maintenance of physical LAN hardware infrastructure and software configuration.
- Provides network design and consultation for conference and exhibition clients.
- Meets with clients for review of technical requirements.
- Maintains all necessary network documentation and inventory databases.
Supporting Human Resources Activities
- Functions as the LAN administrator for critical enterprise systems, as designated by the Network Manager.
- Provides IT management with reporting and documentation as requested.
- Provides leadership and second tier support for Desktop Coordinators.
- Handles Employees complaints
- Plans and determines the techniques of the work to be done as needed
- Determines the type of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment or tool to be used or merchandise to be bought, stocked and sold as needed to implement graphic design duties
- Controls the flow and distribution of work materials or merchandise and supplies
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Jan 24, 2013, 3:13:16 PM
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...