Purpose of the role
The US Head of Business Intelligence (USHBI) will work closely with OMD’s C-suite to shape the agency to further enhance OMD’s presence in the market via thought leadership, innovative solution architecture, & a rich BI team culture. The USHBI will work closely with Group Account Directors, clients & partner agencies to consultant on all areas of marketing by effectively using information to drive:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Business strategy via profound consumer insights
- Marketing accountability & ROI measurement and management
- Media, communications & market research analysis
- Talent development & fostering a rich team culture
- Premier client servicing with a strong revenue model
- Inspire, coach, develop and lead the US BI team across internal and external needs.
- Develop and maintain a solid partnership with all lead teams within OMD US, across all US clients and other OMG agencies (example Annalect, Optimum Sports, Hall and Partners, etc…).
- Work with key stakeholders to champion fact-based decision making solutions by helping to create customer value metrics as a foundation for marketing strategies for their clients.
- Build solid rapport with new business prospects during business development meetings.
- Ability to convey technical jargon in more layman’s terms, with a richer business strategy skew.
- Lead, enhance and champion the OMD Operating System across all accounts and offices within the US, synchronizing SBU involvement when appropriate.
- Develop a strong understanding of client business model, macroeconomic & industry specific competitive forces, the role and impact of all marketing mix elements; and other internal/external factors that impact performance of a business.
- Analyze client’s business; using key findings from these results to present strategic recommendations to middle/senior level management.
- Identify opportunities for assigned accounts to use fact-based tools to guide media and marketing strategy; increase use of OMD analytics tool-kit
- Actively design and implement analyses that drive consumer/customer behavior into actionable results; work with the rest of the BI team to build models where appropriate.
- Be the custodian of the “voice of the consumer” based on empirical findings.
- Up-sell & cross-sell high margin products to data savvy accounts/clients by understanding their specific needs sharpening the OMD/OMG offering to suit accordingly.
- Provide information-based direction to OMD account leadership and media specialists (planners/buyers) assigned to client’s business.
- Provide direction to outside vendors of modeling or quantitative research and media specialists assigned to client team; where appropriate identify and introduce new vendors to the lead teams and manage the necessary solution architecture design and project management.
- Apply creative approaches and custom solutions using current market intelligence to develop new ideas and build brand/customer strategies.
- Commit to staying on the cutting edge of consumer, lifestyle, consumption, behavior, attitudes, media, and channels trends by leveraging leading technology solutions for client delivery.
o Experience in ad agencies, research agencies, analytics shops or DM/interactive agencies is preferred; Experience in marketing analytics roles on the client side is also valued; Experience in consultancy services is welcomed.
- The USHBI should ideally have +12 years’ experience in marketing strategy and analytics across marketing disciplines (therefore merely market research or media research will not suffice):
o Strong understanding of the business of marketing communication (planning/buying).
o Hands-on analytics capabilities combined with ability to interpret data and analysis for non-technical audiences (on the agency and client side).
o Analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data through the use of models and tools to help forecast success metrics.
o Familiarity with non-media data sources like Nielsen/IRI sales data; Census data; Client-side sales/transactional data.
o Translating consumer targets into media/communication targets.
o Research and analyses using data driven information, campaign measurement strategy, CRM, data modeling and emerging sources.
o Balanced overall offline and online media analytics – tracking and managing ROI.
o Complete understanding of behavioral economics & consumer decision journey.
- Highly analytical and creative mind with strong communication skills with experience and success in working with cross functional teams through use of excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has worked with diverse individuals (not just data and analytics) and possesses a track record of garnering insights and information from face-to-face interactions.
- Straight forward communicator who can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately.
- Ability to migrate from a focused view to a more macro view of an opportunity and the necessary relevant best solution
- Enjoy working in an integrated environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on.
- Possesses a desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a fast moving and constantly evolving business.
- Bachelor’s with significant work in Analytics plus 12+ years’ experience in marketing analytics.
- Highly preferred Master’s or equal with significant work in Analytics plus 12+ years in marketing analytics
Resolution Media - 13 months ago
Resolution Media delivers digital marketing solutions for some of the most powerful brands in the world. We are proud to contribute to the g...