To manage Human Resources department and assist in administration of human resources policies, procedures, and practices. Function as central contact for information specific to human resources and facilitating or administering maintenance or implementation of the systems to ensure associates are treated with dignity, fairly, and consistently.
1. Develop, coordinate and conduct orientation for all new associates.
2. Maintain training records and facilitate, develop and/or conduct training sessions that provide initial and ongoing training by working with the management team to ensure department and individual training is provided.
3. Understand and use the concepts and legal guidelines that guide an employer to ensure all persons, (candidates or associates) are treated ethically, morally, and within the requirements of the law. Knowledge and practice of FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEO, OSHA, COBRA, etc., and an understanding of how state laws differ from federal laws.
4. Aid in scheduling/coordinating (and participate as necessary) each departments meeting procedures by establishing practices and implementing decision making tools to improve the effectiveness of each departments meetings.
5. Maintain personnel files with current compensation, benefit, performance, and mandated information, etc. Provide information to authorized persons, and update files to document personnel actions and provide payroll information.
6. Act as key recruitment contact, developing community relationships. Coordinate interview process, process applications, manage pre-employment drug screening and assessment tools, and correlate job offer process. Work with mgmt. to improve retention.
7. Orient associates and maintains records for use in employee benefits administration and conducts meetings with associates as necessary to ensure all eligible associates are familiar with their benefit package. Enroll associates in the applicable benefit plans, process monthly billings, audit files and enrollment to ensure coverage is correct.
8. Act as the contact for any associates who need to report a Workers Compensation Injury. Coordinate facility efforts to ensure injured associates receive prompt medical attention. As necessary, maintain OSHA log in accordance with the act, correlate and communicate incident trends, and participate in safety team meetings.
9. Oversee payroll processing. Process payroll information such as employment data, hours worked, rates of pay, benefit deductions, and all withholdings necessary to accurately process payroll must be input on a timely basis.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills to include word processing, spread sheet, PowerPoint, and payroll database applications.
2. Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or similar field of study
Minimum two years HR experience. Experience with FLSA, Title VII issues, and payroll administration.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, John Q Hammons Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts - 19 months ago