Integrated Defense Systems and Services (IDSS), a business unit of DRS Technologies, Inc. is a best-in-class developer of advanced electronic systems and other military technologies to support the warfighter and peacekeeper. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with annual revenues of $1.3 billion. Our more than 3,700 employees around the globe include a number of committed IDSS staff working side-by-side in theater with American and Allied soldiers. IDSS provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, avionics, control systems and unmanned technologies. For additional information on IDSS, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
DRS Company Overview
DRS Technical Services, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Title: Information Assurance Engineer (IT8104)
(R23G 148, INFOSEC Engineer, Intermediate)
The candidate shall support overall information security throughout all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Perform technical and operational vulnerability analysis to identify threats and weaknesses. Support the design, development and implementation of security countermeasures for all systems that adequately address IA requirements and provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication and nonrepudiation. Address Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA)s and emerging technical security requirements from DoD and industry. Support all efforts (including documentation, implementation and assessment) of the Security Authorization process (formerly Certification and Accreditation (C&A)) required to receive an Authorization To Operate (ATO). The candidate shall support multiple security authorization processes to include those implemented by DoD (DIACAP) and NSA (NIST RMF) as well as at multiple classification levels to include UNCLASSIFIED, SECRET and TOP SECRET/SCI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and resolve INFOSEC technical problems
- Configure test beds and conduct testing, record and analyze results and provide recommendations for improvements for the products/systems under test
- Areas of focus include Guard, Firewall, Secure Network Server, PCMCIA format security solutions, "Smart Cards", and emerging technologies and future trends
- Support the integration of INFOSEC solutions and technologies into networks with particular attention to protocols, interfaces, and system design
- Include system engineering; electrical design, software engineering; program design and implementation; configuration management; or maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree; degree may be electrical, electronic or computer engineering; computer science, or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience, of which at least three (3) must be specialized experience including system security analysis and implementation; design assurance or testing for INFOSEC products and systems; integration or testing for INFOSEC products and systems is required
- A MS degree in a related field may be substituted for one (1) year of experience; a PhD in a related field may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience
- Must meet 8570.01M with a minimum of Security + or as directed by mission requirements
- Must have a Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Willing to deploy to hazardous duty locations if necessary
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and work in protocol and/or interface standards specification is preferred
- CISSP certification desired
Physical Requirements (lifting, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.)
- Able to pass CENTCOM regulations to live and work in a hazardous duty area if required to deploy OCONUS
DRS Defense Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND
DRS Technologies, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A., is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to...