It is the responsibility of the Director of F&B to provide leadership and management for the Food & Beverage Division and integrate its functions to hotel/casino support. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Mandalay Bay policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as required by the Executive Director of Food and Beverage.
- At least 5 years experience as Food and Beverage Director in a 4 or 5 Diamond property strongly preferred, with high volume banquet business, expertise in budgeting, forecasting and capital expenditures.
- At least 10 years experience in food and beverage management/supervision of employees in the hotel, casino and and/or restaurant industry, possess overall knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation and presentation.
- A good working knowledge of PC software (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to establish guidelines for proper staffing to maximize efficiency and minimize labor costs.
- Perception and awareness of individual needs, the ability to handle all situations professionally and excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with guests, management and employees.
- Able to frequently move freely about the office, sit for long periods and withstand various activities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- College education or equivalent, hotel or business administration degree.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...