Associates get the royal treatment at Garmin. Regardless if you’re a newbie or a veteran, engineers dream it, design it and use it. Here, you will be surrounded by others who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects…oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
Not only is Garmin the leader in all-things GPS, but, if selected as a project manager you’ll be the leader of multiple projects and/or programs, driving accountability of project teams, facilitating design decisions and successfully delivering engineering projects on-time. Our project managers use their knowledge of complex business processes to keep everything in their project portfolio flowing. If organization and leading are your strong points, we need to coordinate a meeting.
We are looking for a full time Engineering Project Manager 2 for our Engineering Services team at our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role, you'll apply project management skills on moderately complex projects or tasks, including understanding and communicating milestones, timelines, and project decisions, provision the timely documentation of clear project scope, objectives and targets, and lead effective and efficient team meetings, ensuring team members/stakeholders are appropriately informed, and communicates project tradeoffs and decisions to ensure forward moving progress of the project.
Other key essential functions include:
You’ll also be responsible for providing mentoring and guidance to less experienced Project Managers, applying Garmin’s Mission, Vision, Values and Quality Policy and enthusiastically exhibits a desire to see Garmin succeed, and demonstrate a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
- Supports creation and maintenance of complex timelines and milestone tracking
- Applies project metrics and risk management principles to identify and mitigate potential schedule impacting items
- Encourages and motivates project team members to accomplish assigned tasks
- Drives the overall progress of assigned projects towards completion, using good judgment in determining when to escalate issues to management
- May perform as a project leader on small to mid-size projects
- Leverages understanding of product domain to support concept/new feature development efforts
- Understands the level of detail necessary to ensure accurate project reporting and consistently provides clear and accurate project documentation
- Understands interdependencies of and demonstrated ability to develop good relationships between the development team(s), other Garmin teams/departments and external entities (e.g. customers, suppliers, etc)
- Creates, processes and releases GPNs, BOMs and ECOs within established processes
- Identifies and resolves possible conflicts
- Collaborate and add value through participation in design reviews, providing input, feedback, and process improvement suggestions
- Demonstrates ability to complete well defined moderately complex tasks and/or projects including independently finding solutions to challenges; seeks input from peers/supervisor when unsure, ensures buy-in from key stakeholders in decision-making process
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques including support of root cause and corrective actions for given problems
- Demonstrates full use of accepted standards, procedures, tools and requirements as they relate to project management and product segment
A Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline from a four-year college or university with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 AND a minimum of 2 years relevant experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience is required for this role.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, possess demonstrated proficiency using and applying engineering and project management tools, and possess a demonstrated understanding of production and operations issues as they relate to engineering project management.
Other requirements for this role include:
Candidates with relevant knowledge, experience, and/or training in Component Engineering, Document Control, and/or PCB Design are preferred.
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Demonstrates excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to deal with confidential company matters
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
At Garmin, we like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We offer numerous opportunities to get involved – kickball anyone? – and believe strongly in a work-life balance so your creativity can flow.
Garmin offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefit plans around. We offer extensive health care coverage with little to no contributions, depending on the plan. Plus, we offer company-paid dental insurance, stock options, a 401k plan, a pension plan….trust us, it doesn’t get much better than this. Unless of course, you want to talk table tennis, fitness spaces, product discounts….come on, what are you waiting for? Apply today.
Garmin - 12 months ago
"Dreaming big and obsessing about the details.” It’s a dynamic philosophy that has taken Garmin from a start-up GPS...