Do you enjoy finding and fixing problems? Do you enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting network incidents? Do you get a rush when something breaks and you’re the hero who fixes it? If so, this is the position for you.
As a Network Engineer on the Network Environmental Management Team, you will be responsible for the support, maintenance, monitoring, and tuning of a multitude of network devices encompassing routing, switching, firewalls, load-balancers, wireless, optical gear and more. You will be a leader and a mentor in all aspects of ensuring the stability and availability of a global network. This position requires evening shift work.
In this role, you will:
Do you have what it takes?
- Monitor for and respond to network incidents, implement service restoration changes
- Actively participate in incident and problem remediation from start to finish
- Utilize various network tools to identify and recreate issues
- Own vendor support cases, including opening, escalating, and coordinating all necessary resources to determine root cause
- Document findings, create standard procedures and update knowledge base
- Participate in tuning device monitoring alarms
- Interact with other teams for a variety of company initiatives
- Troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot
- Identify and evaluate new ways to reduce MTTR
- Create and deliver effective presentations to peers and management
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation
- Provide coverage as required, including working evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
- Other tasks as assigned
Additional skills/background that would be a plus:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree with course work in computer science, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years as a Network Engineer with an emphasis on incident response and problem resolution
- Good understanding of, and experience with, internetworking technologies. Examples:
- iBGP, eBGP, OSPF, OSPFv3, MPLS, STP, PBR, NetFlow, ACLs
- Working understanding of hardware capabilities/limitations of network devices. Examples:
- Routers – Cisco CRS, Cisco ASR9000, Cisco 7600
- Switches – Nexus 7000 and 5000, Catalyst 6500/4900/4500
- Firewalls – Cisco ASA and FWSM, Palo Alto Networks Firewall
- Load Balancers – Cisco ACE, F5, A10
- Familiarity with network monitoring and management best practices
- Must be able to handle stressful and difficult situations in a calm professional manner
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process, requirements, goals, and organizational change
- Ability to be on call for incident notifications and management
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Must have strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Proven skills in problem solving and decision making
- Must have the ability to work independently and be an effective contributor in a diversified team
- Must work well within a deadline-driven environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
Go Daddy’s award-winning technical teams design and support the innovative technologies that are transforming the cloud, the internet and the world. From product developers to network engineers, data center technicians to platform engineers, our expertise ensures our customers have the technical solutions to meet their needs. We develop world-class products that help our customers establish, enhance and evolve their online presence.
- ITIL and COBIT certification or related experience
- Working knowledge of end-to-end QoS for LAN/WAN/MPLS networks
- Working knowledge of optical transport technologies utilizing DWDM
- Familiarity with WLAN concepts and operation
- Experience operating hosting networks or service provider networks
- Specific experience with CA Spectrum, CA Infrastructure Manager, Zabbix, PeakFlow SP, PeakFlow X, Statseeker, HP NA, Syslogng, Splunk
- Network certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, or CCIP
Are you ready to GO with us?
When you GO with Go Daddy, you have the opportunity to be part of something special by making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers. Their success is our success.
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what we’ll provide:
- Passion to contribute to a truly exceptional customer experience, no matter your job title
- Understanding that innovation and creativity is a part of what we do every day
- Agility and action orientation – we move at the speed of tech
- Understanding of the privilege and obligation of being part of a team
Go Daddy has been recognized because of its outstanding benefits, compensation, unique perks, diversity and company camaraderie. Go Daddy was awarded the 2011 and 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility Honoree - Arizona, Iowa & Denver. Go Daddy is the #1 IT Company on Inc. Magazine's inaugural Hire Power list of job creators.
- A fun, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Formal and informal opportunities and support for ongoing learning, growth and development
- Team building activities and recognition
- Competitive base plus bonus incentive
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and insurance coverage for all benefit-eligible Go Daddy employees
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year of employment
Go Daddy’s philanthropic work supports a wide variety of charitable and community organizations dedicated to causes including women and children, domestic violence, child abuse, teenage homelessness, animal shelters and more. Visit www.GoDaddyCares.com for more information.
Go Daddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Life online starts with a domain name.
That’s where domain name registrars like GoDaddy come in. Over 12 million people trust us to...