The Member Advocate I is responsible for assisting with the operational duties, responsibilities, functions and activities of the Arkansas State and Public School Life and Health Insurance Plan as a liaison in the Operations area. The Member Advocate I works under direct supervision of the Member Services Assistant Manager. State and federal laws and agency policy govern this position.
- Responsible for direct support of ARBenefits members regarding all types of inquiries received via telephone calls, written or faxed inquiries, and walk-in customers; systematically documents detailed member information relevant to each telephone, person-to-person or correspondence inquiry.
- Liaisons with the Pharmacy Services and other internal representatives of ancillary benefit products.
- Monitors pharmacy and voluntary product processes; acts as a liaison with applicable vendors in assisting members with enrollment, change, billing, and other activities
- Operates, maintains and updates ARBenefits records as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Member Advocate has regular contact with members, other Employee Benefits Division affiliates and Business Associates.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of employee health insurance programs.
- Knowledge and experience in eligibility and benefit management.
- Knowledge and experience in ARBenefits computer operations .
- General knowledge of Employee Benefits Division functions.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical customer support.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma, plus two years of experience in a customer support position including training responsibilities, with three years of experience in health insurance plans or a related field, and a minimum of one year experience with the ARBenefits System. Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements
Catamaran - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Catamaran offers a true alternative to the status quo in pharmacy benefit management. You donâ€™t have to choose between...