The selected candidate will provide technical leadership and support for all EDMC web sites. He/she will work within the Advertising and Marketing Services group to collect requirements, design, architect, develop an advanced web site design, while maintaining cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility. He/she will design, develop and code web-based applications and databases and work with content managers to oversee processes for the site. The candidate will maintain quality assurance of the sites and its links. The candidate will also support key performance indicator initiatives & reporting for evaluation of the efficiency of our web efforts.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Able to work on multiple projects, including producing high quality work under tight deadlines. Coordinates tasks among other team members. Reports project progress and issues to key stake holders in a timely fashion and facilitates solutions.
- Design, develop and code various web and enterprise information applications for the EDMC web sites & Advertising and Marketing Services. Knowledge of Microsoft .NET architecture, ASP, ASP.NET 4.0, MVC, JQuery and SQL Server is required.
- Maintains existing web applications on the various sites. Update content as required on the sites through administration tools or with direct html updates.
- Establishes good working relationships with the IT department and serve as secondary liaison between the design team and IT for all Web development projects.
- Remain current with and have a thorough understanding of the latest industry technology tools and trends, and implement improvements. Pursues and tests new, upcoming technology and evaluates use in the context of the EDMC Marketing websites in the Interactive space. Ensure the currency of the company’s use of Web technology.
- Monitors and evaluates site performance to identify and modify areas that need improvement.
- Recommends and implements change management policies and procedures. Coordinates use of development systems and Software Development Life Cycle on projects.
- Designs, analyzes, and implements change requests so that the solution meets the needs of the clients, and is implemented on schedule.
- Produces formal design documents and maintains Web Development SharePoint portal & documentation repository. Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server and coordinates use with the team.
Interactive Web Development Manager
EDMC CS Interactive Team, Ai Brand Marketing, IT
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years Web site, Application and database development/Internet experience
- Solid programming skills in tools such as ASP, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework, Web Service development & consumption, Windows Service development, SQL Server, CGI, Java Script, AJAX, JQuery, HTML
- Experience on PC and Mac platforms
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Understanding of how content managers and administrative tools operate with web site maintenance. Knowledge of or experience with Content Management Systems a plus
- Knowledge of web metrics & reporting tools such as Google Analytics & WebTrends a plus
- Web site design skills and front end development experience highly valued
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation - 13 months ago
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...