: CSA Front End
11/24/2012 CSA Front End Page 1 of 2
PeopleSoft Job Code: SH0026
Reports To: Department Manager Customer Service
Backup Position: N/A
General Description and Purpose
Responsible for handling all customer inquiries, sales, returns at the Customer Service/Return Desk, operating the cash register, processing customer payments, bagging customer goods, and processing customer returns, etc.
Greets and acknowledges all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provides quick, responsive customer service. Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
• Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week.
• Flowed schedule, determined by Kronos and store management based on the needs of the store.
• Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
• Hourly Full Time, Part Time or Seasonal: Generally scheduled 39 to 40, 10 to 30, or 10 to 39 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and knowledge of weights and measures.
• Understands and responds appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries.
• Read, write, and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions. (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need.)
• Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals, and the role of every employee in achieving each of them.
• Ability to operate store equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to: LRT, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutting, panel saw, paint mixing computer, blind cutting, forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc.)
• Satisfactorily complete all Lowe’s training requirements (including annual Hazardous Material, Forklift certification/departmental training, etc.)
• Ability to interpret price tag and UPC information.
• Ability to process merchandise information through store computer system, POS register system, and complete all required paperwork according to policy.
• Knowledge of credit programs and collection procedures.
• Applicants may be rejected if an interview or background check reveals that the applicant has been convicted of a felony or offense against property such as receipt of stolen property, larceny, embezzlement, burglary, or similar convictions.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
Physical Job Requirements
• Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, lawn and garden, including the outside perimeter of the store.
• Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
• Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
• Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
• Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle, and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions.
• Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions.
• May be subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• Not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes
• Possible exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy weather conditions.
Job Description: CSA Front End
11/24/2012 CSA Front End Page 2 of 2
• Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
• Exposure to shaking objects and equipment.
• Responsible for wearing clean uniform, nametag, and will be well groomed at all times.
• Comply with performance criteria, standards of conduct, discipline, and discharge procedures contained in the New Employee Orientation Guide and Employment Package, Store Operations Policy and Procedures, Human Resource Management Guide, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Merchandise Maintenance programs, and Safety polices and standards
• Must meet all STAR review standards applicable to job.
• Must be able to perform the job responsibilities, with or without reasonable accommodation.
I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description and I understand what would be expected of me. The Company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or to combine positions at any time. I also understand that I am an at-will employee, and this Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Applicant/Associate Signature: _____________________________________________ Date: __________________
Lowe's - 23 months ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...