Communications Specialist Technology Consultant III
Communications Specialist for Network Support
ABLE TO OBTAIN SECURITY CLEARENCE, Secret preferred
Familiar with multiple hardware vendors (HP, Cisco, BIG IP, Brocade, Riverbed).
- Knowledge of command Line Interface commands their impact to the environment.
- Knowledge of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Knowledge of Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Experience with load balancing using either Big IP F5 or Cisco ACE
-Experience with HP Bladesystem c7000 Enclosures
- Knowledge of TCP/IP in a network configuration
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and working with various WAN providers (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T)
- Knowledge of WAN accelerators (Working knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager (CUCM) and Contact Center (CC)
- Knowledge of HP network tools suite to include Openview, Network Node Manager (NNM), Route Analytics Management (RAMs)
- CCNA or CCDA and 2-4 years of network engineering experience or 3-5 years as a network operations or administrator
- Ability to perform problem determination and resolution using traces,
troubleshooting and opening tickets with vendors if needed
- Ability to install Internet Operating System (IOS)
- Ability to create and implement disaster recovery plans
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
- Ability to work network changes during off hours
- Ability to use administrative tools to support the environment (Remedy, HP)
Education and Experience Required:
5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise. Has led small team in delivery of a specific deliverable.
· Has mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas. Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge.
· Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products. Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
· Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence. Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
· Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
· Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
· Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
· Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
North Carolina-Raleigh-North Carolina - Raleigh
HP - 2 years ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA....