Responsible for operating and maintaining IP network platforms. Develop operational methods and procedures as they relate to supporting technologies and services deployed within the network.
Education and Experience
- Analyzes and develops solutions for failures and outages and coordinates the repair efforts of networking equipment.
- Maintains a commitment to safe practices and holds others equally accountable.
- Remains current on the latest data network technology through completion of required/recommended training and reading material.
- Performs both internal and external escalations on all hardware and software failures and all data related outages.
- Processes new activations, disconnects and migrations of customer services.
- Maintains and supports IP infrastructure. Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Education Level: High School/GED
- Field Of Study: Telecommunications or related field
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
CCNA / CCNP preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with customers in a
- Fundamental Knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of IP
- Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
- Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay and Juniper
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX
- Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and troubleshooting
- Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Level 3) is engaged in the communications business. The Company is a facilities based provider of a range of...