Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI), is national organization providing out-patient imaging services with an unsurpassed reputation for quality, advanced imaging services, subspecialty radiologists, and thoughtful, patient-centered care. This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, days at our Corporate Business Office in St Louis Park.
The purpose of this position is to apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES) REQUIRED:
- Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing the CDI Experience
- Translates diagnostic and procedural phrases utilized by healthcare providers into coded form
- Performs accurate ICD-9, CPT & HCPCS coding for all clinics
- Gives price quotes to patients and referring physicians
- Ensures that charges are accurately posted to patient accounts in a timely manner
- Answers internal & external questions regarding billing and/or coding practices (denied claims; insurance cos, pts)
- Follows up and corrects denied claims due to CPT or ICD9 coding problems
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Brings identified concerns to supervisor or department manager for resolution
- Ability to work in a team setting and under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and manage simultaneous assignments
- Ability to be flexible in schedule and adaptable to constant change
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Ability to work with a positive attitude
- Ability to pay attention to the smallest details involved in taking service to the next level
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff using excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Ability to be at work on time and as scheduled
- Knowledge of and adherence to company policies and protocols
- Knowledge of basic level computer skills
CDI is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other statuses protected by state, local or other applicable laws. This policy extends to all aspects of employment, including recruitment and hiring.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with Vascular Interventional Radiology coding
- Medical Coding Certificate required
- Interventional Radiology Coding Certificate preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years Microsoft Office experience
- Minimum 1-2 years radiology coding experience
- Ability to type 30 wpm
CDI and its associates have an employment relationship, which is known as employment-at-will. This means that either CDI or an associate has the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason with or without cause or prior notice.