Develops, implements and manages a Business Banking Lending Center(BBLC) designed to support the Bank’s strategies to grow small business lending within an assigned market area. Leads the BBLC in their underwriting, recommendation and approval of small business loan requests. Identifies, hires, performance manage, motivates and retains top talent. Promotes and maintains efficient operations processes designed to achieve the highest levels of customer service quality. Manages and maintains credit quality standards. Creates, manages, and maintains controls to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained in regard to account management (past due loans) and timely follow-up. Achieves outstanding credit exams. Approves loan requests within Delegated Lending Authorities. Recommends loan requests to Credit Quality Administration as required per established policies and procedures.
Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
Demonstrated and successful experience in Business Banking Lending Center Management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- 10+ years of relevant commercial lending experience in addition to 5+ years previous management or Business Banking management experience or equivalent.
- Experience directing and controlling the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company having overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing, and maintaining costs, methods, and associates.
- Experience developing, modifying, and executing company policies that affect immediate operation(s) and company-wide effect.
- Experience interacting with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers. Interactions normally involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other senior-level managers.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
- Excellent relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and problem solving skills, sales skills, and credit and credit quality skills with prior lending authority experience.
- Expert knowledge of Business Banking products and services that result in successfully capitalizing on all opportunities to cross-sell the bank’s products.
- Experience managing and developing others and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent planning and organization skills with the ability to change course (adaptable) at a moments notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
- Requires a master’s degree or equivalent, and proven track record in developing business in the Business Banking industry.
Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Requires close visual acuity.
Normal office environment.
No relocation offered.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Umpqua Bank - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard
Umpqua Holdings thinks of itself not so much as a bank but as a retailer that sells financial products. Consequently, many of the...