Leads the delivery of Life Insurance Product Development projects within or across departments. Accountable for leading the successful delivery of one or more moderately complex projects according to measures of time, budget, scope, quality and relationship. Partnering with key stakeholders in Product, Service and Information to attain the business goals and objectives. Conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues and develops formal recommendations for presentation to management. Works with stakeholders/project team to generate solutions to business issues and then plans/implements those solutions. Develops detailed project schedules, assesses risks and builds mitigation strategies. Leads efforts to develop new or revised processes/procedures for the assigned business areas. Ensures that proper management practices are adhered to by providing ongoing performance and career discussions, on‐time completion of relevant people processes, and fostering Diversity and Inclusion.
- This job can be based out of Farmington,CT or Charlotte, NC**
Demonstrate strong understand of the Life Insurance business and Product development lifecycle. Experience with project planning and execution methodologies. Analytical abilities and a well-rounded perspective of the client systems and the corporate environment. Strong working knowledge of the functions and workflow in the supported business area. Solid working knowledge of systems design process and methodology. Current with technological trends and advances. Works independently and serves as a resource on departmental projects.
SKILLS AND FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Incumbent should demonstrate strong analytical abilities and a well-rounded perspective of the client systems and the corporate environment.
- Capable of supporting the work authorization process, and dealing effectively as a liaison between client and systems communities.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills, handling both technical and non-technical content.
- Ability to translate needs into spoken and written words.
- High degree of work schedule flexibility, comfortable in dealing with others regardless of their status, develops positive relationships, listens well and responds accordingly.
- Demonstrates ability to multitask on a personal level. Understands value of prioritization, utilizes development and reporting tools.
- Understands value and ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Excellent understanding of business workflow and ability to document business workflow
- Experience with analytical tools, e.g.: decision tables, flow charts
- Working knowledge of systems design process and methodology
- Experience with the supported systems (functions and transactions)
- Conversant with technical vocabulary and concepts
- Current with technological trends and advances
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, basic working knowledge of VISIO
NOTE: AXA Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k), pension and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment. EOE M/F/D/V
Note: Axa Equitable's office is currently located in the Ballantyne area, Charlotte NC. There will be a move of the office to Innovation Park/University area of Charlotte early 2013.
AXA Equitable Life Insurance - 2 years ago
This company definitely has what it takes to be equitable. AXA Equitable Life Insurance is the US life insurance and annuities underwriting...