Technology today is more prevalent than ever and to ensure Sentry Insurance remains strong and vigilant we are seeking a Data Warehouse / ETL Developer to join our Madison WI Application Development team in Information Technology (IT). Our IT area is comprised of 750 associates whose objective is to provide leading information, data processing, communications, process enhancements, and systems to support the business and management activities of Sentry.
What You'll Do
As a Data Warehouse / ETL Developer you’ll design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain enterprise data and their structures. In addition as part of our IT team you’ll
- Participate in the identification of information requirements and the sources of data to fulfill them,
- Provide input on coast analyses, data and program design, testing, and maintenance and documentation of new and existing processes,
- Support our internal business customers in their utilization of the data,
- Respond to system errors, formulate solutions, and change/repair the system to avoid interruptions to users.
What it Takes
What You'll Receive
- Bachelors Degree in an information technology / computer science or related field,
- Eligible to work in the United States,
- The ability to learn new technologies independently,
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies: Informatica, IBM InfoSphere Datastage, or other ETL tools; Web Focus; Business Objects; SQL Server; Oracle; Linux; Kornshell scripting; PL SQL
- Data warehousing background
- Java programming experience a plus
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
- Generous Paid-Time Off - including Company Holidays
- 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent – immediate vesting
- Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses
- Career advancement opportunities
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Sentry Insurance - 17 months ago
Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America.
Sentry is one of the...