Under direction from the Vice President, Project Support, plan, develop, coordinate, and supervise applications engineering and engineering services in support of business development and proposal preparation efforts in Bothell, WA (USA).
1. Direct and manage the activities of assigned engineering personnel in the design, material procurement, and estimating of targeted projects ensuring the necessary proposal hours are efficiently utilized and budgetary allocations are met and the proposal meets contractual, legal, code, and good engineering practices.
2. Prepare, direct, and supervise (as required) the development of technical proposals and presentations. Assist project personnel committed to proposals to make effective presentations.
3. Identify engineering partners (if necessary) and assist with negotiation of consortium arrangements for targeted opportunities.
4. Perform and manage research and client contact to evaluate engineering services opportunities, identify customer requirements, and determine technical solutions.
5. Perform additional assignments as requested by the Vice President, Project Support.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
Educational and experience requirements include: four-year engineering degree or equivalent. Professional registration (PE) highly desired. Ten or more years engineering, construction, estimating, and supervision, experience are required. Must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to understand customer requirements and to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment. The position generally involves: continuous sitting, frequent standing, frequent walking, light to moderate lifting, light carrying, frequent bending and reaching, and keyboarding and telephone operations.
The environmental conditions generally include: ambient inside temperature, lighting and noise levels. Conditions also include: automobile and/or airplane transport, as well as plant site inspections. May require an irregular work schedule with extended periods of travel and overtime hours.
Specific physical conditions require frequent work on CRT workstations; twisting, kneeling, walking, balancing, keyboarding, and telephone operation.
New Hire Orientation
Position highly visible to potential customers and requires ability to influence/persuade. Quality of effort can greatly impact corporate image and workload. Position has profit/loss consequences.
SNC-Lavalin - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of...