DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Operate and assist the Party Chief in the operation of satellite survey equipment, and conventional survey equipment that is interfaced to graphic computer systems for navigation purposes in the marine environment.
- Drive vehicles to and from office locations, docks and heliports.
- Load and unload equipment and install it on vessels to be used in the surveying procedure.
- Receive on-the-job training to perform duties of party chief on marine surveying crew.
- Set up, interface, test, and operate surface/sub-surface positioning equipment including DGPS, sonar, and related systems.
- Interact with clients on site and as necessary.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: 2 or 4 year Surveying/Geomatics or GIS Degree preferred, 2 year Technical school Degree/Diploma (industry related) accepted with at least one-year technical experience in Land or Offshore (Hydrographic) Surveying, military survey/geospatial occupation experience or offshore technical work in electronics or computer field.
- Must successfully complete water survival course; valid drivers license with acceptable driving record; valid passport or ability to procure one.
- Must be U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status.
- MS Office skills, ability to quickly learn proprietary software and travel extensively are a must.
- Have good listening skills and the ability to implement instruction and give instructions to others
- Ability to pass physical examination, have or ability to acquire TWIC Card
- Experience in Navigation, 3D, Sonar/Acoustics, AutoCAD/Mapping, Electronics, GPS/GIS a plus
Note : This job requires you to be in an on-call status 160 190 days a year and live within 2 hours driving distance of Lafayette, LA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Fugro - 2 years ago