The changing regulatory, economic environment and the relentless focus on improved customer experience all requires a very strong focus on defining robust solution architectures to support the varied needs of the Home Lending business. As a solution architect in the Home Lending business, you will be required to work with the business representatives, and IT teams, in defining conceptual solutions in response to the business-driven IT programs/projects, and to shape the High Level Design and support the program/project sizing and estimation process. The architect will create the necessary high level designs and be available through the program/project lifecycles to advise project management, application development, quality assurance, infrastructure personnel and in some cases implementation personal on optimal approaches to achieving the solutions. |
In addition, the solution architect will participate in creating reference roadmap architectures to help support and sustain emerging and future business and IT strategies, and stewarding the architecture project lifecycle process as an integral component of the Software Development Life-cycle of HL . The solution architect will be help IT teams present and explain architecture blueprints for certification at the HL Architecture Review Board - which will be responsible for reviewing architecture and certifying system designs. In addition the solution architects may be required to participate in the Data Review Board of HL which will oversee data standards and effective information management strategies.
To also address business needs that span the RFS business or the firm, the solution architect may be called on to be part of cross-functional teams to define future architecture roadmaps that support cross-business strategies and initiatives.
This role will report to an Architect Lead who is responsible for the solution architecture for a major area of the business.
The Solution Architect must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior problem solving skills ability to grasp the big picture of the business drivers and IT drivers in order to create solutions and work at a detailed level, as may be required by business and IT teams to implement solutions. Is able to see similar patterns of problems and solutions and carry over applications and experiences while adapting to the peculiar needs of a given business or IT problem.
- Previous execution experience of mid-sized to large system design, development and deployment is a real plus
- Must have the ability to influence, guide and mentor other technical resources (and sometimes business) across HL and especially develop other architects or enlist others to carry out best practices of architecture in the course of their developing solutions.
- Ability to develop designs and solutions that pay attention to architecture design quality, cost effectiveness and the inherent risks in approach while proposing credible and effective mitigations; is also able to collaborate with teams across the firm in order to leverage previous experiences, utilities and shared capabilities
- Formulates solutions that are credible and holistic that take into consideration a broad array of factors that will shape the solution design including feasibility of testing, implementation, availability of skills for the technology, viability of relevant third parties.
- Formal architecture documentation and modeling skills are a plus
- Very knowledgeable about best practices, industry standards, emerging trends.
- Drive improvements in the architecture process in particular and support improvements in the overall software development life-cycle particularly the estimation process.
CareerBuilder - 22 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...