Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering services to support cellular manufacturing and timely new product introductions. Engineering services include process development, cell management, tool design, and CNC programming.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements affecting the make versus buy decision
- Establishing process methods which meet performance and quality requirements
- Establishing preliminary bill of materials and routers
- Developing a wide a variety of applications, including machining, finishing, forging, casting, and molding
- Identifying a variety of options and quickly choosing the most appropriate processes and machining methods
- Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments
- Developing project plans and schedules for work activities
Expected Areas of Competence
- Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product processing; Must have developed process expertise in two of the following areas: machining, casting, finishing, packaging, tool design, programming, fiber metal, and mastered a skill set as defined by Engineering Review Board.
- Working knowledge in control procedures, such as the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) and Deviation process, Zimmer Engineering Specifications (ZESs), and Zimmer Laboratory Procedures (ZLPs)
- Working knowledge of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements
- Demonstrates ownership of and ability to manage project assignments with a broad scope and high level of complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools
- Ability to effectively work within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project; Statistical Process Control skills; proficient in process development, CNC programming, Computer Aided Design Systems, and Unigraphics 3-D modeling software
- For Warsaw only - Must be a Zimmer Certified CAPA Owner or equivalent.
B.S. in mechanical, industrial engineering, or other engineering science plus 3 or more years of manufacturing process development experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Up to 10%
Zimmer - 2 years ago
Zimmer can put the spring back in your step or the zing back in your swing. The company designs and markets orthopedic products, including...