Job Listing Detail
Computer Systems Analyst
*Applications must be received by Midnight Mountain Time on the closing date.
Listing Number: 8936-12145
For more information contact:
PO Box 201001
Helena , MT
TTY: Montana Relay Service at 711
- OR -
Local Montana Job Service Workforce
State Application Required:
$35,709.00 - $72,397.00
Additional Salary Information: Position is in a career ladder. Placement is determined by assessment of qualifications based on MDT advancement policy 3-0198. For further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicant Pool: If another department
vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may
be used for the selection.
MDT employees are encouraged to reach their full potential on the job. The work we do at MDT has a direct impact on our community and the quality of life here in Montana. We work with communities to deliver custom transportation solutions. As an organization, we provide flexible hours, alternative work schedules, and a relaxed family-friendly environment to help MDT employees balance their personal and professional interests.
Please note the following:
• This position is open until filled. The first review date will be 12/7/12 and every two weeks thereafter.
• Applicants selected for an interview are required to pass an assessment test to determine skill and aptitude level for technical abilities.
• A criminal background check may be required as a condition of employment.
• This position is in a career ladder, bands 5-7. Placement is determined by assessment of qualifications based on MDT advancement policy 3-0198.
• Job Profiles for all bands of this ladder (5-7) are available upon request.
For further details please email Erin Root - email@example.com.
All documentation required establishing preference or as required as part of the application must be submitted by the closing date to be considered during the selection process.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:
Criminal History Background Check
• Perform both systems analysis and design and programming tasks individually or as a member of a project team in support of day-to-day operations.
• Adapt current systems analysis and design methodologies from computer science including methods of business process analysis to effectively determine the requirements for a new system or the changes to be made to an existing system.
• Document and translate requirements into computer code. Write and test necessary programs.
• Train users and assess user satisfaction with the completed project.
To be successful in this role, you will have successfully demonstrated the following:
• Demonstrated project management abilities, including exceptional customer service before during and after the project is delivered.
• The ability to be a leader or team member and take direction from a variety of staff
• Working knowledge of computer programming and computer applications from a systems perspective and the ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes in order to ensure requirements meet the needs of both
• Knowing how to keep large projects, involving multiple parties, moving and delivered on time
• Ability to apply advanced programming applications and how to translate customer requirements into a successful end product
Demonstrated experience with the following types of technologies is desired:
• JEE and Web Frameworks such as Spring
• Relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle
• Java Applications Servers, BPEL and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• PL/SQL, JDeveloper, and Oracle Forms and Reports
• VB.NET, ASP.NET
• Arc GIS, ESRI, JQuery, JQuery Mobile, Geoserver, Google API
• HTML5, Android, iOS
• Software Engineering best practices and development methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, XP, and Iterative
• UML and Use Case definition
This position is in a career ladder, bands 5-7. Placement in career ladder is based upon the candidate’s education and experience qualifications at time of application. All applicants selected for an interview are required to take an assessment test to determine skill and aptitude level for technical abilities. Job Profiles for all bands of this ladder (5-7) are available upon request.
Band 5 Minimum Qualifications:
BA/BS in Computer Information Systems (CIS) or Computer Science (CS) OR
AS in CIS/CS AND 1 year of programming experience OR
BA/BS in a non-related field plus 1 year of programming experience OR
AS in a non-related field AND 3 years of programming experience OR
No degree and 5 years of programming experience
Supplemental Questions: None Required
Additional Materials Required:
State of Montana - 17 months ago