About the Job
Major Account Executives (MAE) are responsible for the strategic objective of creating and maximizing revenue generation within large, tier-one Enterprise and smaller Web-centric customers and prospects. Given the importance of penetrating the top-tier accounts, these individuals will be assigned to a select number of prospects and existing customers with the purpose of cold calling, prospect qualification, strategic sales process planning, exploring and closing all revenue opportunities.
About the Team
The person filling this position would be a member of a collective national sales team within Akamai's High-Tech division.
Each MAE would be responsible for both a revenue numbers as well as a new business number (Committed Contract Value). Goals/Quotas would be set annually but measured monthly and quarterly. Each member would lead a team of other Akamai team members (different responsibilities) to create and/or manage the relationship between the customer and Akamai.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent experience.
Overall Experience: 7+ years of Sales experience.
- 7+ years of experience in system / solution sales within large Enterprise accounts.
- Consistently exceeding quota of greater than $3 Million.
- Proven Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual quota.
- Must have strong knowledge of some combination of Internet infrastructure, enterprise software, SAAS and PAAS concepts and demonstrate the ability to discuss them with intelligence and conviction.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and have a desire to build a world-class sales and support organization.
- Formal sales training preferred: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training.
- Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of Internet industry-related contacts.
- Proven, measurable, and successful experience as a "hunter" into the High-Tech companies.
- Proven, measureable, and successful experience in growing revenue within an existing account base.
- Strong team player that also excels as a high-performing individual performer/contributor.
CollegeRecruiter.com - 3 years ago