We are looking to hire an Environmental Staff Scientist to support projects in the Collinsville, IL office.
The Staff Scientist will support execution of projects involving soil and groundwater investigation, compliance, and remediation activities in accordance with the Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, or other regulatory programs.
Goals and Duties:
• Assist the Project Manager in efficient execution of project scope of work on time and within budget;
• Provide field services for site investigation, drilling, soil and groundwater sample collection, and related work;
• Provide office support for data management and report preparation;
• Maintain the required AECOM-related documentation and forms.
• 1-2 years of environmental experience (Experience in soil and groundwater sampling, including low-flow groundwater sampling along with some construction management and drilling experience would be a plus)
• OSHA 40 training;
• Familiar with standard environmental field work, including, but not limited to drilling, sampling, data collection, etc.;
• Computer skills with Microsoft office applications, including Word and Excel;
• Report writing;
• Data organization and presentation;
• Interpersonal communication with office and field members, and regulators and subcontractors;
• Detail oriented; and,
• Ability to work independently.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 19 months ago