Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Electrical
Job Title :
Electrical Engineer V
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with specialty in Power System Engineering followed by a minimum of 7 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in electrical engineering or related electrical engineering occupation in the power, oil and gas or mining industry.
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with specialty in Power System Engineering and 5 years of work experience in electrical engineering or related electrical engineering occupation in the power, oil and gas or mining industry.
• At least 5 years of electrical engineering experience in the preparation and execution of project scope
• At least 5 years of electrical discipline experience in work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for requisition, bid analysis and purchase of electrical distribution equipment including switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, power distribution centers, generators, UPS and DC systems.
• At least 5 years of working experience with related industry codes and standards – NEC or IEC
• Experience in reviewing and writing subcontracts and electrical construction installation specifications.
• Experience in developing electrical power system equipment sizing and the generating project electrical one line diagrams for systems that range from 13,800VAC to 480VAC.
• Experience with inter-discipline review and interface requirements.
• Experience with review of vendor and contractor document submittals.
• Power system analysis, including short circuit calculation, voltage drop calculation, motor starting analysis and arc flash studies utilizing either ETAP or SKM power system analysis software.
• Experience in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) on Power Distribution equipment such as medium voltage switchgear.
• Experience in the handling of project cable and wiring utilizing cable management system software.
• Experience in the handling of electrical power & control and instrument circuits on projects utilizing computerized Circuit Design Sheet (Cable Block Diagrams) method and approach.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Project Services – Our Project Services group partners with Energy & Construction operating groups to execute projects by providing top-caliber, professional personnel trained to deliver projects with efficiency and certainty; anticipating and responding to project needs; deploying—with market-driven agility—well-integrated processes, systems and tools designed to enhance project efficiency; maintaining a market-competitive cost structure; and seamlessly integrating functions into cohesive project teams. Our services include engineering, project controls, quality, procurement, construction and others.
URS Corporation is seeking Electrical Engineers to be based in our Denver, CO location.
Level Specific Responsibilities:
• Perform Electrical engineering calculations in the area of power system short circuit, load flow, cable sizing.
• Prepare power distribution equipment specifications and review vendor drawings. Prepare power system one-line diagrams, prepare data sheets for various electrical equipment.
• Prepare circuit design sheets (cable block diagrams) for electrical and mechanical equipment and cable routing.
• Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools.
• Can read and understand construction drawings.
• Prepare procurement specifications, material requisitions and perform technical bid analysis.
• Apply knowledge of project change control process to identify potential changes.
• Maintain liaison with design and drafting groups. Prepare, review and approve drawings as required.
• Advise the Supervising Discipline Engineer about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
• Assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor them to aid in evaluating budget limitations.
• Takes the lead on estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
• Ensure quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks.
• Plan and schedule engineering efforts associated with assigned project.
• Maintain timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities.
• Keep proper engineering files and records. Develop understanding of industry codes and standards.
• Must be able to travel and work on assigned project site as required.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...